+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need guidance for Canada Study visa

prabhjotkr567

Jun 2, 2016
Hi, I am applying for Canada study visa from India on my own. I need a little guidance for filing the application. I do not have gap in my career but i had breaks. Lets say, i completed my 12th in 2008, then i did BA 1st yr in 2009. After that, I did 2 yr diploma in hospitality management from 2009-2011. It was then followed by job experience for 1.5 yrs in HR. In 2013 ,i again continued my bachelor of arts and completed in 2015. So, i wanted to know that , Should i write in SOP about these breaks in my career that why i did so. Please guide..

rajveer14

Feb 18, 2015
look prabhjot, as such one year breaks or gaps don't matter. it should come into question when you have gaps of more than 1 year and you write in application that you did nothing. but don't become too over zealous and write something that you can't prove. so in your case as you have been following breaks with study, so don't go at length giving too long an explanations, they have a special column in study questionnaire for this purpose only. instead focus on writing a good purpose and why they should give you visa, or how going to canada is going to be beneficial for you, in SOP.
best of luck

prabhjotkr567

Jun 2, 2016
Thanks. I also would like to tell you that i hv chosen Bachelor of Arts Major in English course for 3 yrs. I am giving the reason why i have chosen this course that i want to become english lecturer in India and i ll come back to India after completing the degree course. I am going in a right direction? How good are the chances for my visa?

rajveer14

Feb 18, 2015
i am going to tell you one thing if you are going to write down SOP, give strong reasons for going to study in canada. e.g quality of education is not good in india or in your case as you are going for major in english write, what better country to learn than a native english country(canada), and the good education system there. also dream big. simply writing you want to become a lecturer is not enough. tell them why you want to become a lecturer or if you do want to become, then you should be in some nationally reputed university/college. you know likes of st.stephans or xavier's. your spp should be crystal clear on what,how,when matters.

rajveer14

Feb 18, 2015
no problem, and yes on your visa chances, believe as if you will get visa 100%. because CIC has habit of springing surprises. i have heard cases,who had simply no chance and some consultants were even reluctant to take their application. and behold, they are in canada right now. so just be optimistic and file your application.