+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need clarifications for my BOWP

canadagoldman

Oct 26, 2012
Hi,

I am planning to apply Bridge Open workpermit through paper(not online). I have couple doubts related to IMM5710E.

Q1. I am applying for one or more of the following: (i)A work permit with the same employer, (ii)A work permit with a new employer (iii) Restoration of temporary resident status as worker, (iv) Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.
for answering above question which option I need to select?
Q2. Details of Intended work in Canada- Intended location of employment in Canada?
I need to select my province and city?
Please answer to my questions

Thanks in advance

Karioca

Star Member
Aug 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2013
AOR Received.
27-02-2013
canadagoldman said:
Hi,

I am planning to apply Bridge Open workpermit through paper(not online). I have couple doubts related to IMM5710E.

Q1. I am applying for one or more of the following: (i)A work permit with the same employer, (ii)A work permit with a new employer (iii) Restoration of temporary resident status as worker, (iv) Initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.
for answering above question which option I need to select?
Q2. Details of Intended work in Canada- Intended location of employment in Canada?
Please answer to my questions

Thanks in advance

To be elligeble to OWP You have to select OWP. If Its open You should not name the employed or adress. They should be all Not Applicable.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob485.asp

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
canadagoldman said:
It's true that this form has not yet been revised to fit the BOWP program, so some of the questions are difficult. That's why it is easier to do the online version - there's a question where you indicate that that you have applied for permanent residence, so it's more clear.

You are not eligible if you chose iii, iv does not allow you to work, so it has to be either i or ii, depending on your situation. If you are not currently working, I would suggest ii.

Assuming you do not have a current employer - Select your current location if you intend to stay there (or at least, do not have any current plans to move). You can put N/A for employer's name and address.

Emwttz

May 20, 2013
I have the same questions.
I am still working and have gotten a new offer from the same employer but LMO is pending yet.
I am doing online application while I still need fill out IMM5710E.

For applying for BOWP(which is an open one), does it imply that I don't have an employer yet?
If I fill out "A WP with the same employer", is there any impact or confusion to the officer's decision? Or I should

The same wondering on "Details of Intended work in Canada" fields.

Is there any impact that I fill out all the real information of my current employer for applying for the open work permit?

I remember that some commented that all those fields should be "N/A" ??