+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Assistance on some Questions for submitting my file

Talvinder

Star Member
Jul 14, 2013
Hello, I am planning to submit my File soon and while going through the guide i have couple of issues if someone could answer.

1. I lost my landing papers, but i have my PR card. Can i still submit without it and explain its been lost by mistake? I am also planning to apply for its duplicate copy but it takes like 6 months.. any suggestions please

2. I did all my studies from India, and i had all my subjects in Secondary, post secondary and graduation in English, Just to confirm, is it correct i dont have to submit any English language test with the citizenship application. And do i need to get my secondary and post secondary certificates attested or something or i can just attach a photocopy of them(I mean do they need it to be signed by someone to be considered legitimate copies)

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please apply for copr and when you have a copy with you apply for citizenship. this will save you lot of time for processsing and make you appplication routine application .

do you best to make this application a routine applciation ..cause you dont want to wait for three years going back and forth with this mess .
send color copies of what you have . this will make your application look more professional and because every detail is available and not blacked or blocked out will sureley smoothen your process ..

when you came from india your university must have provided you medium of instruction cert along with your transcript saying the same that all 6000$ hours or so were completed in 4 or 5 years of studies were in english and what not .

please attach that certificate with your application ..hopefully that will help . i was lucky i had that with my transfript . no all uni from india has it . get it from your uni in a sealed envelop and forward that without opening it . if you can

i just send color copy and it worked !! viola!!!

manianz47

Sep 15, 2008
For the Language portion:
If you do not have the medium of instruction specified as ENGLISH in your certificate, it is preferable to take a Language Test here in Canada t avoid any delay in processing
CELPIP [LS] is an option

sept15

Champion Member
Sep 26, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Talvinder said:
Hello, I am planning to submit my File soon and while going through the guide i have couple of issues if someone could answer.

1. I lost my landing papers, but i have my PR card. Can i still submit without it and explain its been lost by mistake? I am also planning to apply for its duplicate copy but it takes like 6 months.. any suggestions please

2. I did all my studies from India, and i had all my subjects in Secondary, post secondary and graduation in English, Just to confirm, is it correct i dont have to submit any English language test with the citizenship application. And do i need to get my secondary and post secondary certificates attested or something or i can just attach a photocopy of them(I mean do they need it to be signed by someone to be considered legitimate copies)
1. Hi Talvinder,

1. You can submit your application WITHOUT a copy of the COPR. Attach a letter of explanation that a) you have lost it and could not find it b) that you have applied for a Verification of Status, VOS document (attach some proof for that). DO NOT wait for the VOS to arrive because I am afraid the new law might be in place by then... Two friends of mine lost their COPR and did the same as I have mentioned above and their files were in process within the trend (2-3 months)....

2. You do not need to attest any document. If I were you, I would do a CELPIP test (about 150 dollars) and be on the safe side. Its an easy test and you will have a peace of mind... I am not sure if CIC will accept your studies from India... my take on this one.

Good luck,

c0mputer

Star Member
Jan 5, 2014
Cornwall,ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i just got a msg from my home up near cornwall ontario while travelling 800 km away down south in sarnia ontario ...i have officially received an OATH LETTER

THEY ASKED ME TO COME TO FOR OATH ON 10TH JUNE IN OTTAWA ...9.00 AM

i mean i have to cut my work training and trip short for it .. YOU BETCHA --I AM COMING OTTAWA

THATS ENDS 9 MONTH OF WAIT ...E-CAS HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED YET ..BUT I COULD CARE LESS NOW ..

Namastey!!!! 8)