+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need assessment and help, thanks

ali.gazala

Feb 13, 2011
Hello All,

Good day.

I saw this great forum few days ago and I think it's a very good place to share information between students about studying in Canada.

Let me case start directly.

My name is Ali, I'm 27 years old from Iraq. This is my study history.

2003 - 2006 BSc degree in Computer Science from college in Baghdad - Iraq. grade 60% (Medium)

May 2007 - August 2008 Working in local company in the field of study (Software Programming).

In August 2008 I traveled to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

4 months in English language school to improve my language.

Jan 2009 - Present Studying MSc degree is the filed of health informatics. Will submit my thesis and do the defense this April InshAllah from Malaysia University of Science and Technology (MUST).

During my study, I also worked as teaching assistant (TA) and research assistant (RA) on campus and I can prove that by letters and photo copies of the paychecks. I also published two research papers about my work. My grade is 3.72 / 4.00 (B+)

My parents sponsor me, but I was lucky enough to get some funding from (TA, RA) jobs by the second semester.

I wanna apply for PhD study in Canada next year (Sep 2012) in the field of health informatics of bio informatics, I wanna start preparing early so I can be ready to all the options. The fields that I wanna study is available here in Malaysia but the researches are not as advance as Western countries and also my professor encouraged me to apply to US or Canada.

One of my biggest concerns is about the controversial question "How can I prove to the VO that I will leave Canada after finish my study?"

To clear this point for you, All my family members are in Iraq, they run the family business but I don't have any actual assets in my name over there. But I do have a good chances to find good job offers in Iraq after finish my study in Canada. So the question here is "What kind of evidences should I have to prove that?"

One more question, would it be better if I use a study agent or a lawyer in Canada? Do they really help in the process?

I hope if you can give an assessment about my case, I know there are some senior members in the forum who can speak from VO point of view.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Your help is highly appreciated, Thanks in advance.

acemsyed

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
2112 / 1236
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ali.gazala said:
One of my biggest concerns is about the controversial question "How can I prove to the VO that I will leave Canada after finish my study?"
To clear this point for you, All my family members are in Iraq, they run the family business but I don't have any actual assets in my name over there. But I do have a good chances to find good job offers in Iraq after finish my study in Canada. So the question here is "What kind of evidences should I have to prove that?"
Well it would be better if you applied for Canadian study visa from Iraq instead of Malaysia. So go back to Iraq after you're done with your studies in Malaysia. This will be sufficient to prove your intentions to eventually return to your home country as you could have stayed in Malaysia after studies if you wanted to, but choose otherwise. A job in Iraq will surely help you show stronger ties. An employment contract from Iraqi employer, pay slips and/or a letter of confirmation of employment will do the trick.

One more question, would it be better if I use a study agent or a lawyer in Canada? Do they really help in the process?
There's no real need for it but if you feel confident that way, go ahead. I personally think there's more than enough information on this forum to apply for Canadian study permit without any professional assistance.

Cheers ;-)

ali.gazala

Feb 13, 2011
Hello All

Thanks for the reply,

I will work to arrange about the things that you suggest during the next few months. I also have a new question today. If my plan is to apply for Sep 2012, when it would be the best time to start applying to the schools or make contact with the professors? Is it to early now?

I also wanna ask if there is anybody from UBC, I'm wondering if my study record can get me there ::)? they are conducting some very interesting researches. It would be great if I can discuss with somebody from computer science department.

Thanks again