+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NEED AN EXPERT!

heather.rajat

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
CIC hasn't been able to take calls for days now.. every time I try, I am given the "Call volume is too high, try again later" message. So, I have questions that need answered!

1. When applying for the OWP (submitted with application), do we also need to apply or check off the "temporary resident visa" section? Which box makes the most sense to check off?

2. My husbands current OWP expires in October. If we don't receive the new one by this time, can he still work? What about his SIN? It expires in October too, so, what do we do about that?

3. Since we recently moved in July, we both have a temporary drivers license, along with the old license for photo ID. Will this be okay? We still have no received our permanent drivers license cards in the mail and I don't want to stall on sending in this application any longer.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer!

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Is there a guide to follow for the open work permit? I would follow that.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

CIC hasn't been able to take calls for days now.. every time I try, I am given the "Call volume is too high, try again later" message. So, I have questions that need answered!

1. When applying for the OWP (submitted with application), do we also need to apply or check off the "temporary resident visa" section? Which box makes the most sense to check off?

2. My husbands current OWP expires in October. If we don't receive the new one by this time, can he still work? What about his SIN? It expires in October too, so, what do we do about that?

3. Since we recently moved in July, we both have a temporary drivers license, along with the old license for photo ID. Will this be okay? We still have no received our permanent drivers license cards in the mail and I don't want to stall on sending in this application any longer.

HIThanks to anyone who takes the time to answer!
1. No, A TRV is to enter Canada, all your spouse wants is an open work permit. He should be completing the IMM 5710
2. Yes, he can continue to work with implied status.
3. What do you need your DLs for? To prove you live together?

heather.rajat

Star Member
Jul 20, 2017
Hi

1. No, A TRV is to enter Canada, all your spouse wants is an open work permit. He should be completing the IMM 5710
2. Yes, he can continue to work with implied status.
3. What do you need your DLs for? To prove you live together?
thanks for your reply! Yes, proof of address and name change (assumed my husband's last name).

Also, is it best to attach the application for owp to our complete application? Or wait until its delivered by courier and then apply online? I've heard its quicker when applying online?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
thanks for your reply! Yes, proof of address and name change (assumed my husband's last name).

Also, is it best to attach the application for owp to our complete application? Or wait until its delivered by courier and then apply online? I've heard its quicker when applying online?
He can't apply online until he has AIP, so definitely not faster. Include it with the PR app.