+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advise - SOWP

can854

Oct 21, 2013
Hi Everyone -
I am a post-grad worker here in Canada - WP valid till 2016(July). i got married last month. I want to bring my wife here.

I am working as fulltime with a good reputed company. My JOB Code is NOC B, and annual salary is around 65K CAD.
My wife is employed in Chennai with mid-scale company - She has done master from chennai. Currently her annual slaary is around 3 Lacs INR (3,10,000.00). We had marriage pics & videos. We have the details of honeymoon trip to Maldives(A week stay) as well as we just got our marriage certificate as well.

After going through this forum - I will say best bet is S-OWP. What are the chances here. My questions are:
1). What are the chnaces of success in our case.
2). If refused will that effect our PR application, because i am going to file PR application very soon.
3). What is the current processing time at NEW Delhi Visa Office for SOWP.
4). Please suggest what else documents i should provide to make her application more stronger.

Please share your valuable experience and knowlwdge regarding my case. I am very thankful to this forum and all members here.
Wish you everyone good luck.

Thanks

talktoudaykumar

Sep 18, 2013
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
11-03-2021
Nomination.....
ITA 14-02-2021
AOR Received.
11-03-2021
Med's Done....
25-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2021
can854 said:
Hi Everyone -
I am a post-grad worker here in Canada - WP valid till 2016(July). i got married last month. I want to bring my wife here.

I am working as fulltime with a good reputed company. My JOB Code is NOC B, and annual salary is around 65K CAD.
My wife is employed in Chennai with mid-scale company - She has done master from chennai. Currently her annual slaary is around 3 Lacs INR (3,10,000.00). We had marriage pics & videos. We have the details of honeymoon trip to Maldives(A week stay) as well as we just got our marriage certificate as well.

After going through this forum - I will say best bet is S-OWP. What are the chances here. My questions are:
2). If refused will that effect our PR application, because i am going to file PR application very soon.
4). Please suggest what else documents i should provide to make her application more stronger.

Please share your valuable experience and knowlwdge regarding my case. I am very thankful to this forum and all members here.

Thanks
1) IF you submit all the papers and the visa validity is more than 6 moths and if you show good,strong ties with current country and family ties.. Most of the cases it will be positive. I can't say how much percentage of positive. It's about luck

2) I don't think so. No idea on this.
3) As per CIC new delhi customer care ... they said 20 working days. As per CIC web site it is 4 months.
But you can count it as 30 days.
4) financial assets, marriage certificate,your LMO copy, employment letter and visa copy.

Hope this helps. All the best

Neil.p

Jan 15, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can854 said:
Hi Everyone -

Thanks
The point which you mentioned 2nd (you will apply for PR). This is very good thing. In legal terms its called "Dual-Intent".

Your case is already strong for SOWP and you can make it stronger by mentioning your dual-intent in the cover-letter and also by applying for IELTS (which is actually required to get PR (in most cases of higher NOC Level jobs). So your IELTS and your intention to stay in Canada permanently will come under the term "Dual-Intent".

Now, point-wise answers

1. Chances of success (you chances are pretty high, as your income is above the Income Cut-off Amount ($38,000 approx. for 2012) and your dual-intent will make it stronger.
2. This refusal will not effect your PR (very negligible chance of refusal, unless Immigration officer had big fight with his wife)
3. Processing time varies. There are people who got their medical letter within 20 days of their initial application and there are people who are waiting since 4 months
4. There are not much documents, but a vague list is below

Documents from your wife
• Application for Work Permit made outside of Canada (IMM 1295)
• Family Information Form (IMM 5645)
Cover Letter
• Marriage Certificate & Marriage pictures
• Bank Statement (3 months)
• Tax Return Documents
• Proof of Fixed Assets (tangible & intangible)
• Insurance Policy document (if you have (good to have))
• Job experience letters (for your wife)
• Academic documents (your wife)

Documents from your end
• Cover Letter (MUST. A Very Important)
• Statutory Declaration (Notarized)
• Work Permit, Visa & Passport copies
• Contract/Job letter & copies of salary slips
• Degree Certificate & Transcript
• Bank Statement (3 months)
• Call Records (just to show the ties of ur relationship)

Hope this helps