+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice , the consultancy people are confusing me , Tiger007 please respond

satyax500

Mar 17, 2013
Hello all

My name is satish

I've completed BCA with 74% average over all , and wanted to get into a masters program in University of manitoba.

when i met with a person for a consultancy they told me that i would not be eligible for masters as canadian universities only recognize a 4 year india degree such as B.tech or B.E and told me to do a 1 year diploma course offered by the colleges there and then work for 1 year after that if i wanted to make money for joining into a masters prorgram such as MSc in computer science or directly join into the masters program after completing this 1 year diploma in IT.

when i contacted the university of manitoba ,they told me that i need to do 1 year pre MSc program in order to be eligible for a 2 year MSc in CS.

They told me that this one year diploma is good to get a job in canada and make enough money to pay for my masters .

So my question is :

1) Is doing this 1 year diploma good for getting a job after its completion?

2) After i do this diploma will i still need to do the pre Masters course to get into Masters program?

aman singh

Oct 26, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
20-03-2011
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2011
LANDED..........
28-04-2011
Consultant get more commission from Colleges. So he is luring you through 1 PGWP to make some money for Masters.

Yes , Universities in Canada ask for 4 year degree.
So just do the Pre-Masters and then join for Masters.

Good Luck.

tiger007

Champion Member
satyax500 said:
Hello all

My name is satish

I've completed BCA with 74% average over all , and wanted to get into a masters program in University of manitoba.

when i met with a person for a consultancy they told me that i would not be eligible for masters as canadian universities only recognize a 4 year india degree such as B.tech or B.E and told me to do a 1 year diploma course offered by the colleges there and then work for 1 year after that if i wanted to make money for joining into a masters prorgram such as MSc in computer science or directly join into the masters program after completing this 1 year diploma in IT.

when i contacted the university of manitoba ,they told me that i need to do 1 year pre MSc program in order to be eligible for a 2 year MSc in CS.

They told me that this one year diploma is good to get a job in canada and make enough money to pay for my masters .

So my question is :

1) Is doing this 1 year diploma good for getting a job after its completion?

2) After i do this diploma will i still need to do the pre Masters course to get into Masters program?

Hi,

PGWP is once in a life time opportunity for International students, and you should not waste it after pursing a 1 year diploma, as after pursuing a 2 year's Msc., you will be eligible for a max. possible 3 years PGWP, and much better opportunity to jump-start your career. Since, Canadian universities ask for a 4 years Bachelor's degree, it's highly reccomended that you purse 1 year Pre- Msc. course and then join the Master degree program at Univ. of Manitoba. Honestly, you are lucky and have a very good opportunity to pursue a good 2 year Canadian Master's degree, even with a 3 years Bachelor's.

Best of luck

*** All opinions expressed are purely personal, and pieces of information mentioned are to the best of my knowledge... You should consult other sources too.

double

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Passport Req..
18-03-2013
VISA ISSUED...
22-03-2013
@tiger

hello i've been issued visa for a 2 year PG course in humber...but my aim is to do masters in computer science as i've low percentage in my b.tech my consultant suggested me college.
my profile is
10th-74%
12-64%
b.tech(cse)-60%(5 backlogs)
ietls-7
toefl-86
is there any way by which i can full fill my aim? am i eligible for doing MBA when i'm done with my course? is der any option of part time MSc in any university after the completion of my course..plz help me bhai