+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice - PR holder moving to Canada after 2 years & 8 months

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Hello,

I did soft-landing and became permanent resident on August 2018. I had to stay outside Canada due to some personal issues for 2 years and was planning to move this month (July 2020) which further got delayed due to COVID travel ban. Now I have plan to travel in March/April 2021 and my PR expiry is in August 2023. Provided if I move on March/April 2021, I will have more than 840 days before my PR card expiry which if I stay continuous I will fulfill my residency obligation of 2 years stay in Canada.

my queries are

1) If i am coming back to Canada after 2 years and 8 months, will there be any issues on the immigration? Will Immigration ask questions why i did not move to Canada for the last 2.8 years? Can I be denied entry?

2) If i complete my residency obligation of 730 days, while there be any issues in renewing my PR cards?

Please need your valuable advise.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
1. You generally can't be denied entry as a PR. They may ask why you haven't moved yet, but if you have enough time left to complete your RO there will be no problems.

2. Again, why would there be problems? You will only have an issue if you do not meet the RO.

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
1. You generally can't be denied entry as a PR. They may ask why you haven't moved yet, but if you have enough time left to complete your RO there will be no problems.

2. Again, why would there be problems? You will only have an issue if you do not meet the RO.
Thank you so much for your response