+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need advice on how to bring my family to Canada

benchioa

Dec 5, 2008
Hi, I need advice to people who had same situation as I am. I am currently working in Canada on a temporary work permit NOC 6212 Assistant manager in a fast food. It is valid up to march 2010. My wife and kid is still back in the Philippines and I want them to come here to Canada. Which would be a better option for me. Would I go back to the Philippines for a vacation and apply them with me on my re-entry visa or should I let my wife apply for a open spousal work permit. Thank you.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
You are a skilled worker,You are entitled to bring your Family with you,Bring them in via a spousal permit.Good Luck

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BCguy said:
You are a skilled worker,You are entitled to bring your Family with you,Bring them in via a spousal permit.Good Luck
Sorry there is no "entitlement" for WP holders to bring their family. The family will have to apply for a TRV with a copy of the OP's work permit. If CHC decides that the OP makes insufficient income to support his family in Canada or that they may not return, they will not issue a visa.
They will also require medicals as well.

PMM

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
PMM said:
Hi

BCguy said:
Sorry there is no "entitlement" for WP holders to bring their family. The family will have to apply for a TRV with a copy of the OP's work permit. If CHC decides that the OP makes insufficient income to support his family in Canada or that they may not return, they will not issue a visa.
They will also require medicals as well.

PMM
What I meant his NOC Classification,O,A and B can apply to bring in their Families based on their WP,C and D simply cannot,He is entitled to apply,While the others cannot Thank you PMM for clarifying further

shosilie

Aug 27, 2008
BC Guy/ PMM

Im in the same boat. Just one more question here:

My family is just about to submit their applications for work permit and study permit to join me here. My occupation in NOC classification A and I work in Calgary.

Do you think an annual salary of 55k in Alberta will be considered insufficient for a family of 5 i.e 3 kids?

And if they come on visitors visa, can there by any problem in changing their status here in Canada?

Please, I need your advice.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The low income cutoff at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5196E10.asp says you need C$42,469 to provide for a family of 5 so you should be ok.

The requirements to get any kind of temporary visa is that CIC believe you will leave when the visa is up. If they believe that your wife will not overstay her visa, I don't think she will be denied a work permit but if they don't believe her, she will not get a work permit or probably not visitor visa either.

kelmolab

Star Member
Dec 4, 2007
are the figures net of tax? How much taxes are deducted by the way if one is to work in Saskatchewan? Thanks