+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Need Advice... If got PR through MPNP can we move to other province

EO ASR

May 29, 2013
Calgary
Hello Dear Seniors,

I, my wife and daughter landed as PR on oct 10,2012 under Manitoba PNP at winnipeg through toronto. I did odd jobs there from oct 16 till feb 2013 while my wife didnt get any job. We rented a apartment from 1st november 2012 till 31st march 2013 (stayed therein till 09th march), got telephone, interenet connections therein, got our health cards from there, opened bank account there, got my daughter admitted in the school over there, I got driving license also from winnipeg. We filed our first income tax return at winnipeg and then came back to India due to some family issues back home. We informed my daughters school about this and they sent us her reoprt card through email very recently.
Before leaving we got our address changed from my apartmental address to my cousin sisters' address at winnipeg (who had given undertaking in my support), informed CRA that we are leaving for more than 6 months and they should stop sending us the Child benefit and we also got our address changed in their records along with my driving license/health card and bank account also. CRA customer service rep said that they will stop sending us the aid which they hadnt stop till date and the same is being credited to my account every month.
We left canada on 18th march 2013 through Calgary wherein we had gone to meet one of my friend on 09th march. My wife and daughter are coming back to canada next month.

NOW MY QUERIES ARE AS UNDER :-
1) Can they both enter canada through any port of entry.
2) If I am not accompanying them, will they face any problem over this.
3) Can we settle in calgary permanently, as we were facing it very difficult to meke both ends meet in winnipeg.
4) What could be the repurcussions on our future if we settle in calgary.

Thanks in advance,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EO ASR said:
NOW MY QUERIES ARE AS UNDER :-
1) Can they both enter canada through any port of entry.
2) If I am not accompanying them, will they face any problem over this.
3) Can we settle in calgary permanently, as we were facing it very difficult to meke both ends meet in winnipeg.
4) What could be the repurcussions on our future if we settle in calgary.
1) Yes, they are PR and may enter Canada through any port of entry.

2) In Canada, your wife does not need the husband permission to travel so she will be fine. However, because of the risk of parental abduction, she may be asked to show your permission to travel with your child alone. There is a sample letter here: http://travel.gc.ca/docs/child/consent-letter-interactive-eng.pdf you can fill out and sign and give to your wife to show if she is asked.

3) Yes, you can settle in Calgary permanently. When you applied for Manitoba, you said that it was your intent to settle in the province. This was true when you applied and true when you landed. You signed no minimum amount of time that you would stay in Manitoba. The charter of rights and freedoms states that a PR may live and work in any province.

4) None that we know about. Immigration officers have said to some people who were landing under PNP that they must stay in the province for 3 years or even until they become citizens but as far as I know, there is no such rule or law. The PNP does not like it when you leave but there is nothing they can do about it. You did not lie about anything, you really tried to settle in Manitoba but it did not work out for you. However, your sister will not be allowed to sponsor any other family member if you leave.

EO ASR

May 29, 2013
Calgary
Thanks dear Leon... can you please further advise me how we should inform the authorities at winnipeg about our move. And do we have to get all the formalities done again I.e. getting mew driving license, health cards, bank account etc.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your Manitoba drivers license will be exchanged for an Alberta license without a problem. You will have to apply for health cards in Alberta. Your bank probably also has branches in Alberta so you can probably keep using that account without a problem.

You should let CRA know when you are back and change your address with them again.

You should notify Manitoba health that you have moved.

EO ASR

May 29, 2013
Calgary
Hi Leon,
My wife and daughter are in Calgary now. She was asked at Toronto airport that when I will be coming. She told them that I will be coming soon (I cant come before Mid August). In the immigration form filled in the plane she filled her correspondence address of Winnipeg. At Calgary somebody (not immigration person) told my wife that we have to fill three returns at Manitoba. Further I have came to know from the immigration website that the authorities keep track of PNP immigrants for 3 years. So can you please send some advice on what to do now..

Regards.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EO ASR said:
At Calgary somebody (not immigration person) told my wife that we have to fill three returns at Manitoba. Further I have came to know from the immigration website that the authorities keep track of PNP immigrants for 3 years. So can you please send some advice on what to do now..
So did this person (who doesn't work for immigration) give her a link to a website where it says that you have to fill three returns to Manitoba? If not, then it is a rumour and not a fact. Besides, 3 returns without any time period is very unlikely. If one person travels outside Canada many times, they have fulfilled 3 returns in a month while another who travels less may have 3 returns in 10 years.

If you have a link to the immigration website where it says they keep track of PNP immigrants for 3 years, please post it and I will give you my opinion.

princeofindia

Star Member
Aug 31, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-10-2010
Nomination.....
10-10-2011
AOR Received.
25-12-2011
Med's Request
19-05-2012
Med's Done....
03-08-2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
05-01-2013
Sir

Can a person have both PR and tourist visa of canada at the same time. Assume 10 year multiple entry tourist visa for canada was issued before one started his pr process. Will the tourist visa be cancelled when the PR is processed and granted?

Otherwise one can use tourist visa to enter canada when his pr crd expires after 5 years if he has not met residency rule.

regards
princeofindia

EO ASR

May 29, 2013
Calgary
Dear Leon,
I missed the word 'Income tax' before the word 'Returns'.. So please advise whether it is mandatory to file 3 income tax returns in Manitoba before planning to migrate to other province !!!

As the post is not getting through, you can go to cic .gc .ca / english / department / laws-policy / agreements / manitoba / can-man-2003b .asp

Regards..

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You mean here where it says:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/laws-policy/agreements/manitoba/can-man-2003b.asp said:
7.1 Subject to applicable legislation and policies governing the disclosure of personal information, Canada and Manitoba agree to share information on prospective and actual immigrant landings to aid in the evaluation and management of Manitoba’s provincial nominee program. This will include tracking of provincial nominees to Manitoba for a minimum of three years from their date of entry, as a basis for assessing the retention of Provincial Nominees.
Yes, they will track you for 3 years or try to, in order to evaluate their PNP and in order to assess retention (that is see how many people stick around) but that doesn't say that they are threatening to revoke your PR if you leave.

You did not sign that you would stay for 3 years so you are not obligated to. If they wanted such a contract (3 years) they should make one and then it would be clear to everybody that if you want to keep your PR, you must stay for 3 years after landing. However, they don't do it so all they can expect from you is that you make an attempt at settling but they can not blame you for leaving if it doesn't work out.

jbkotla

Apr 30, 2015
Hii everyone .
I got PR under mpnp last year and i m living in manitoba with wife and kid from last 10 months . Now my question is can i move to another province?
Somebody says me, its have to stay in manitoba for 2-3 years to maintain pr status. Othetwise cic will not renew PR card after 5 years. I m new here please tell me its true?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jbkotla said:
Hii everyone .
I got PR under mpnp last year and i m living in manitoba with wife and kid from last 10 months . Now my question is can i move to another province?
Somebody says me, its have to stay in manitoba for 2-3 years to maintain pr status. Othetwise cic will not renew PR card after 5 years. I m new here please tell me its true?
You did not make a contract with MPNP to live there for 2 or 3 years, did you? As far as I know, they are only making you sign that you intend to settle in MB. As long as you intended to settle in MB when you applied and when you landed as a PR, then you have fulfilled your promise and can move anywhere you want.

jbkotla

Apr 30, 2015
Thanks Leon,
Here I face main problem of work. So thats why i am thinking to move. I m trying to establish here from 1 year. But failed.
My sponser also moving i want move with them.