Nomination.....
PER 05 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
Med's Request
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
hi all , I am looking for some advice . Our time period for citizenship will be completed soon and I am preparing to apply for citizenship . Regarding English language proof My spouse has not required levels and we are asked to go for English classes . Now they have put us on waiting list for English classes online at home and estimated time period to start will be three months for classes and after that two months of classes minimum . It will delay the whole process of citizenship application . I am looking for some advice that is there any other way I can get English proof certificate faster or any other suggested path I should Choose to apply application on time .

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
hi all , I am looking for some advice . Our time period for citizenship will be completed soon and I am preparing to apply for citizenship . Regarding English language proof My spouse has not required levels and we are asked to go for English classes . Now they have put us on waiting list for English classes online at home and estimated time period to start will be three months for classes and after that two months of classes minimum . It will delay the whole process of citizenship application . I am looking for some advice that is there any other way I can get English proof certificate faster or any other suggested path I should Choose to apply application on time .
Your spouse will need to meet the minimum level. Even if you get a certificate somehow, you will still have to go for the interview. At this stage it will be very obvious if s/he doesn't meet the minimum level, and you can then be barred from ever getting citizenship if the examining officer feels that your certificate is faked somehow.

Also, when you say apply on time, what do you mean? You cannot apply before you meet the minimum requirements, one part of which is the language requirement.

Take the time to do it right. Don't make a mistake at this late stage - you're getting citizenship, what's a couple more months? You're a PR right now, so waiting another 5-6 months will make no difference to your way of life, it's not like you're going to lose your job or something if you can't become a citizen.

Jayson

Champion Member
Aug 8, 2013
If it’s possible; Ask your wife to take IELTS exam.

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
Could she not have learnt some English while living in Canada all this time?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yeah this isn't uncommon. My neighbors are Italian. They are both in their 70s, and have lived in Toronto since 1972.

The wife speaks enough English to get by. The husband is essentially unable to communicate in English. He can kinda understand you if you speak slowly and the topic is simple, and then he says yes/no. Anything more he calls his wife to translate.

They've spent their whole lives living in an Italian community, working in an Italian business, etc.

My conversations with him are hilarious. He's a nice guy and we chat about gardening with lots of gestures and pointing.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can take the government way which is free but takes time - the one you described
Alternatively you can spend some money and send her to IELTS exam, the results will come out in 12-13 days. If she score more than CLB 4 which is very easy then you can submit that result.

raja053

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
PER 05 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
Med's Request
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
Your spouse will need to meet the minimum level. Even if you get a certificate somehow, you will still have to go for the interview. At this stage it will be very obvious if s/he doesn't meet the minimum level, and you can then be barred from ever getting citizenship if the examining officer feels that your certificate is faked somehow.

Also, when you say apply on time, what do you mean? You cannot apply before you meet the minimum requirements, one part of which is the language requirement.

Take the time to do it right. Don't make a mistake at this late stage - you're getting citizenship, what's a couple more months? You're a PR right now, so waiting another 5-6 months will make no difference to your way of life, it's not like you're going to lose your job or something if you can't become a citizen.
Hi ,

thanks for the reply.
By on time means the due time whihc is next month.
So i was thinking of putting the application ASAP .
we are given govt. institutions but only reason was will take time which i was thinking if she can do some online training and can get certificate sooner .
Any ways we are on waiting list for the classes.
Thanks for the response.

raja053

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
PER 05 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
Med's Request
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
You can take the government way which is free but takes time - the one you described
Alternatively you can spend some money and send her to IELTS exam, the results will come out in 12-13 days. If she score more than CLB 4 which is very easy then you can submit that result.
Hi ,
Yeah i am also thinking the same to have IELTS exam as it will gve earlier result.

raja053

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
PER 05 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
Med's Request
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
hi Buddy,

she use to speak but reading is bit less than required so was asked to take course whihc will take time due to long list of candidates in line . so was trying to know some online classes and get it done earlier.

Well , thanks for the response.

raja053

Star Member
Oct 24, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
PER 05 March 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Documents
Med's Request
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-11-2015
If it’s possible; Ask your wife to take IELTS exam.
Yeah , i am thinking of IELTS as well as i believe CLB level 4 will be easy.

Thanks