frotenacs

Feb 8, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry if this topic does not fit in here.
We will be Canadians soon, and expecting a baby towards the end of this year. Due to various reasons, we are thinking of giving birth outside of Canada. Can anybody tell me what would be the status of the baby born to naturalized citizens like us? A quick search on google tells me that the baby will be Canadian, can anybody please confirm?

Second question - Will there be any complications to bring the baby back to Canada after a year or two?

shahmad

Star Member
Jan 12, 2015
Sorry if this topic does not fit in here.
We will be Canadians soon, and expecting a baby towards the end of this year. Due to various reasons, we are thinking of giving birth outside of Canada. Can anybody tell me what would be the status of the baby born to naturalized citizens like us? A quick search on google tells me that the baby will be Canadian, can anybody please confirm?

Second question - Will there be any complications to bring the baby back to Canada after a year or two?
Baby will be Canadian ... get him/her registered and apply for citizenship certificate via Canadian embassy immediately after birth.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I would advise to have the birth in Canada, baby can be citizen by birth then.
Less issues.
Dealing with Canadian embassies about these things is a headache, they treat everything with great suspicion and take a long time to "process" everything. They won't be quick.
Final decision is yours.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
If born outside Canada, the baby will be Canadian but any children they have outside of Canada will not be Canadian. (Solely as a result of the baby's Canadian citizenship.) If the baby is born in Canada, children they have outside of Canada will be Canadian by decent.