+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nationality Confusion - Palestinian with Jordanian Temporary Passport

moe1989

Apr 2, 2022
Hello,
I tried searching through the forum but couldn't find anything helpful, I hope that this will be seen by someone who went through a similar situation.

I am Palestinian (have a Palestinian ID card and born in Ramallah) but I also have a Jordanian temporary passport/travel document.
I graduated from a Jordanian university that I applied to using my temporary Jordanian passport - which is given to Palestinians to ease their travels but is not a proof of Jordanian citizenship (for example: The University certificate says I am Palestinian).
I am currently living in UAE and I'm using my Temporary Jordanian passport so all my documents, presence and professional work experience says I am Jordanian which is the norm here in the UAE for people with a temporary Jordanian passport.

I want to immigrate through the express entry or PNP route, I am not seeking asylum or refuge to Canada.
What should I fill as my Nationality in my application as I am afraid it might cause confusion due to difference of labels in my birth certificate and University degree (Says I am Palestinian) and on the other hand my passport and experience letters and UAE residency Visas (say I am Jordanian).

Thank you.