+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

National Nursing Assessment Centre NNAS

KDR686613

Mar 12, 2015
emmeccsweta said:
Hi there

Have patience NNAS takes a lot of time for the processing. In my case, I guess I got my report on nearly 18 weeks ...as 8-12 is a general time .

In your case, now the status will change to "ready for review" and the final report will only be issued after the 2 weeks of this change. ....

hai emmeccswetha,i would like to know abut ur report which they issued,is it comparable or not,hope u r from india

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
KDR686613 said:
hai emmeccswetha,i would like to know abut ur report which they issued,is it comparable or not,hope u r from india
Hi there

I am a nurse from Nepal and I did my BSc nursing from Nepal. As expected my report says that my education is somewhat comparable to the Canadian education system. To be honest, I don't know what this means as I am still waiting to hear from CNO.

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
cvpa said:
Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Just wanna know, can we get jobs as nursing aid or nurses assistant even if we get "incomparable " advisory report from NNAS and if we have competency gaps assessed by CNO?
Hi there

As far As I know, it is very hard to get jobs as the nursing aide or nursing assistant as hospital and long term care does not accept IEN to work as a Personal Support Worker ( nurse aid). Sometimes, retirement home might hire IEN but not always, the only option that is left is to work as a home care provider.

emmeccsweta

Star Member
Nov 6, 2015
canada11 said:
Thank you v much for the detail reply . It give much insight of this lengthy, lazy & money grabbing process of NNAS.

The lesson learned is -

1. Begin NNAS while you are in your own country. Don't think to come & then begin process.
2. Generally speaking, its better to get admission in 2 years fast track BSN rather trying to get registered by NNAS & then CNO,CRNBC etc.
3. If you are already in Canada you MUST avoid NNAS & take admission in 2 years fast track BSN . No time will be wasted nor money.

Despite all of the above points, if you love to go for NNAS still , then keep 18 to 24 months to get registered as LPN or RN
I do agree with you .... As I am tried waiting for my final report...I wonder to know how many of IEN have actually succeeded to be RN with this new & lazy system

MRSinWaiting

Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
Doc's Request.
18-10-2014
Med's Done....
01-07-2014
Passport Req..
14-04-2015
sushicat29 said:
It is quite a roller coaster ride.. I was lucky that I processed both lpn and rn so I got to take the lpn exam.. I did not stop there since after passing the lpn exam, no one still wants to hire me with 7 years of specialized (icu) nursing experience. So, I volunteered at our local hospital at the information desk for 4 months, I showed them that I am a good worker, and they noticed. The manager of the volunteer services referred me to the hospital managers after knowing that I got my LPN registration and one of them hired me. It did not stop me on applying to different hospitals and since I already have some canadian experience, the managers started to notice me. Now, I work at a lot of sites, so I was never out of work. I am on RN provisional and plan to take the exam soon..
What I learned from this experience: referrals are important, be flexible to work at different units, it is tough but you get to know the system better, attend workshops even on your own time and self study.

Goodluck!
sushicat29

Thanks a lot for sharing your experiences. And you are right sushicat29, the best way to get into a job is through networking. A good way to start is by becoming a volunteer but it takes a bit of effort as well to appy as volunteer in a health authority. Any advice? I also applied for both LPN and RN thru NNAS. But initiated registration for RN only after I got my advisory report. I am still in doubt whether to proceed with LPN application with CLPNBC coz they will change the process and everyone has to go through SEC/NCAS even for LPNs and HCAs.
For IENs in BC, you can register as a care aide while waiting for your rN application. I just took an online course in order to be registered. I am not sure as to when they are planning to implement the NCAS but i think for those who havent registered you better do so now. I've read somewhere from their site that they're also planning on giving examinations for those who wants to getregistered. Start your registration while it's still free. Good luck!

gorgeoustala

Feb 18, 2016
Hi I would like to ask if the two forms of Ids to be notarize can be notarize in canada or you must notarize in your hometown? thank you!

gorgeoustala

Feb 18, 2016
Hi there! Im sorry to disturb you but I really need your help. Im planning to apply NNAS this March and Im confused if the two notarized ids will be sign here in philippines or can be notarized there in Canada. By the way Im a nurse here in Philippines pass the licensure 2010 and I have 2 years experience in nursing aide Singapore and 2 years Intensive care UNit in philippines. Do you think I will just apply rpn/rn ? lastly, what if i didnt get the ielts score that they want is there other way around?. Thanks !

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
YOu can notarize it from anywhere/any country

Better apply for both.As per other ppl experience, you will get non comparable for rn while may be get comparable for rpn

For CNO, you mention it, send an mail by post/courier that you want the result without IELTS. Dont know about other nursing bodies.

gorgeoustala said:
Hi there! Im sorry to disturb you but I really need your help. Im planning to apply NNAS this March and Im confused if the two notarized ids will be sign here in philippines or can be notarized there in Canada. By the way Im a nurse here in Philippines pass the licensure 2010 and I have 2 years experience in nursing aide Singapore and 2 years Intensive care UNit in philippines. Do you think I will just apply rpn/rn ? lastly, what if i didnt get the ielts score that they want is there other way around?. Thanks !

kreystiyanpoll

Star Member
Oct 24, 2015
gorgeoustala said:
Hi I would like to ask if the two forms of Ids to be notarize can be notarize in canada or you must notarize in your hometown? thank you!
You can notarize it anywhere. I think mas myra jan sa pinas

Mariet84

Feb 20, 2016
Any one knows if rajiv gandhi university(karnataka,India) 4yrs basic bsc nursing course is been accepted as comparable by CNO?

mk84

Star Member
Dec 17, 2014
india
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-12-2014
AOR Received.
27-04-2015
Med's Request
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2015
Passport Req..
26-04-16
VISA ISSUED...
11-04-16
LANDED..........
07-2017
Mariet84 said:
Any one knows if rajiv gandhi university(karnataka,India) 4yrs basic bsc nursing course is been accepted as comparable by CNO?
As of now I have not seen anyone got comparable report for there B.sc degree from RGUHS. It comes as not comparable only mostly.

Mariet84

Feb 20, 2016
Thank you mk84..I heard eventhough NNAS doesn't give a comparable report CNO accepts it as comparable later...Any idea on that?

canada11

Feb 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Jul-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
15-Sep-2015
Non Comparable does not mean that you can not ahead with CNO or any other association.

You may go ahead with CNO & they may ask you to give x,y & Z exams to get full registration.

Mariet84 said:
Thank you mk84..I heard eventhough NNAS doesn't give a comparable report CNO accepts it as comparable later...Any idea on that?

cvpa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
07-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
29-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
5-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-Feb-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
17-Apr-2016
canada11 said:
As some one has asked few question in private, I am posting it in public for everyone's benefit & input

PLz check this 2 year fast track BSN. http://nurs.info.yorku.ca/2nd-entry-bachelor-of-science-in-nursing/ No CNO is required nor there is is any entrane exam. Although there is is casper online exam

YOu can apply for NNAS before PR status. There is no relation between the two.

During CNO application ,Yes you may (read for sure) have to fulfill gaps as mentioned by CNO.
I emailed York university for second entry program and they replied as;
the 2nd Entry BScN program is for students without any nursing background.

Please contact the Program Assistant for IEN Internationally Education Nurses program information.
The contact email is ien@yorku.ca

Regards,

Program Assistant [2nd Degree Entry BScN]
School of Nursing, Faculty of Health
301 Health, Nursing & Environmental Studies Building (HNES) 3rd Floor

I also tried to contact UOT they replied like this:

Thank you for your interest in our BScN program.

Our BScN program (an accredited RN program) is a 2-year second-entry program that requires university preparation. Our typical student usually holds a 4-year bachelor’s degree in the sciences, humanities or social sciences with B+ average or higher in the final year of the degree.

For details on admission requirements, please refer to our website:

https://bloomberg.nursing.utoronto.ca/programs/bachelor

However, we do not offer any educational program that helps internationally-educated nurses to upgrade their knowledge and skills to seek registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario. You may wish to check with other Ontario universities such as Ryerson Univ. and York Univ. that offer such programs.

For more information about how to become a nurse in Ontario, please visit http://www.cno.org/

cvpa

Star Member
Dec 29, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-Sep-2015
AOR Received.
07-Sep-2015
Med's Done....
29-Aug-2015
Passport Req..
5-Feb-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-Feb-2016 (COPR)
LANDED..........
17-Apr-2016
emmeccsweta said:
Hi there

I am a nurse from Nepal and I did my BSc nursing from Nepal. As expected my report says that my education is somewhat comparable to the Canadian education system. To be honest, I don't know what this means as I am still waiting to hear from CNO.
Hi there,
I am also from Nepal and my timeline goes like this;
Proficiency certificate level nursing(PCL) - 3yrs from CTEVT (2009)
Worked for 2 years in KMH as a registered nurse
Bachelors degree in nursing (BN) - 2 years from Tribhuvan University(2014)
Do you know someone from Nepal who holds similar timeline as mine? Did you attach IELTS scores to NNAS or you just send them waivers application? Did you also applied for LPN?