+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NATIONAL IDENTIFICATION DOCCUMENT FOR INDIA?

abhi812

Sep 10, 2010
Hi Everyone,

NYVO has asked me to update new generic form

In new Generic Form ,it contains one column asking National Identification document and its Number.

But in India,there is no such number being issued to any citizen.[National Identification Number is an upcoming program in India.So, at present it does not exist.]

Should I mention National Identification Number as only "NO".or should I attach an application alongwith the form stating the non-existence of any such number.

Please suggest me what should I do?

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abhi812 said:
Hi Everyone,

NYVO has asked me to update new generic form

In new Generic Form ,it contains one column asking National Identification document and its Number.

But in India,there is no such number being issued to any citizen.[National Identification Number is an upcoming program in India.So, at present it does not exist.]

Should I mention National Identification Number as only "NO".or should I attach an application alongwith the form stating the non-existence of any such number.

Please suggest me what should I do?
Hi Abhi,

Yes, you could write "NO" for the specific question for NIO. In addition to that you could mention in a cover note that NIO is an upcoming program in India and presently not implemented for Indian citizens. It would add value if you could provide the source of information to VO.

Also, you could mention any Voter's ID # or PAN card # (Notarised photocopy if you have) for VO's reference.

Mitali