+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name with Initial on Degree certificate instead of First Name and Last Name

canada_bujji

Dec 14, 2012
Hi,
I'm from India, my passport carries my name in Full Name (First Name, Last Name(Surname)) where as my education records/degree certificates will have Initial.First Name
e.g First Name = Kumar, Last Name = Arvind certificate will have A.Kumar. In india in general dont use full names in school records it will be Initial.First Name (or) FirstName.Initial

ICAS said that they will give the assessment report as it appears in Certificate. Will CIC understands and accepts this difference? Anybody have expereince in past about CIC's expectation in name match between degree certificates and Passport name?

I highly appreciate your reply.

thanks

Venkatesh

pdinesh25

Mar 25, 2015
Hello Sugalk, Venkatesh

I am in a similar situation. Can you please let me know if any additional documents or cover letter is to be provided to WES to explain this difference in name format between passport and transcripts?

Mar 24, 2015
My BSC degree has not matching with my matric/school certificate

for eg. in my school certificate father name is Syed Ahmed Ali Rizvi

but my BSC degree has Ahmed Ali will it be accepted by WES?

NAI

Oct 4, 2015
WES provided me the assessment report with my Initial and last name was included in brackets besides it.

But it in the permanent residency application form, they have asked
Has this person ever used any other name?

Should I say yes and mention my name with name with Initials as last name?

Jul 20, 2018
Hi I am also having the same question. Should I answer YES for the question "Has this person ever used any other name?". Please help. It's very urgent,