+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

NAME ISSUE - VERY URGENT !!

Prats

Sep 28, 2011
Pls advice on this .

My first name is say RAMESH and my last name is GUPTA.
But the Indian authorities that by mistake written my first name as RAMESH GUPTA and left last name space blank.

Me and my wife (principal applicant) have already applied and got SINP. My wife in canada and me in India. SINP asked me to rectify my name format on PP before I apply for PR.

When I called CIC to take their opinion on this they said its better to rectify it and get what you want , however, if the name format is different in SINP and in CIC I would face a problem. So they said may be you can intimate SINP first of the revised version and then apply for PR.

Today when I called my PP office to discuss the rectification, they said no amendments would be done and a new PP would be issued. I am shocked because that would lead to a new PP number and we have already given SINP my old PP number, issue and expiry etc.

I dont know what to do now !!!

What is the challenge if I dont change my passport name ?

singh_111

Sep 24, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can ask SINP people to issue the PNP certificate with passport names. First Name - Ramesh Gupta Surname- blank

I have same situation and I was issued a certificate according to the passport. Till now, I have not faced any issue due to this situation. I have received Passport request from CIC and now waiting for landing visa.

Other option (changing the name) will take longer time but it will resolve the issue for once and all.

Prats said:
Pls advice on this .

But the Indian authorities that by mistake written my first name as RAMESH GUPTA and left last name space blank.

Me and my wife (principal applicant) have already applied and got SINP. My wife in canada and me in India. SINP asked me to rectify my name format on PP before I apply for PR.

When I called CIC to take their opinion on this they said its better to rectify it and get what you want , however, if the name format is different in SINP and in CIC I would face a problem. So they said may be you can intimate SINP first of the revised version and then apply for PR.

Today when I called my PP office to discuss the rectification, they said no amendments would be done and a new PP would be issued. I am shocked because that would lead to a new PP number and we have already given SINP my old PP number, issue and expiry etc.

SP88

Oct 17, 2011
Prats said:
Pls advice on this .

[....]

well if you apply for endrosement and pay fee accordingly they cannot issue you a new passport

the challenge will be unnecessary explanations.....

Manitoba123

Feb 13, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Prats said:
Pls advice on this .

just get a new passport and submit your existing passport to the passport office by writing a letter to them by explaining them their mistake, after getting the new passport, send its photocopy with explanation to CIC.