+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name is spelt different on degree certificate and passport

Anshul8687

Apr 15, 2018
You can use whatever is on your passport. If the name is just slightly different it shouldnt be a problem. But if it’s different by a lot, WES may not accept it. For example if degree has John D and your name on passport is John Doe, it shouldn’t be a problem. But if it’s Mary on one and John on another it’s gonna be a problem.
Hi Albak,

My under graduate degree certificate has "AA BB CC" as my name, while my post graduate degree certificate, passport and every other document has "BB CC" as my name. Will this be an issue? What can I provide or clarify to WES or any other authority regarding this. Please help.

Thanks

Mar 20, 2018
Hello same case is with me. I dont have last name on my degrees where as I have in my passport. So do i need to create wes profile with passport name (incluidng last name) or continue with degree name (without last name)

Geet2089

May 25, 2018
Hi..
Casper drasher is spelling on my passport and degree doc has casper drashar. Is it acceptable?
Should i use my passport name for all application or.is there any other way

chanukaism

Dec 23, 2018
Hi,

I have a similar issue. My wife's surname is not her last name. For clarity I will say her name is "AAA BBB CCC DDD". So her surname is AAA (Inherited by her farther) and the last name is DDD (Also inherited by her farther). So in my EE application wife's last name is DDD and in her passport surname is AAA.

Will this be a problem???

sheroo

Feb 19, 2019
it does not matter what name is there in your degree certificate. Mine is completely difference since my father name included in degree (thanks to Gujarat University). But my passport name is not having father name included in my given name/last name. I successfully got mine WES done. Also, I have got my PR immigrant Visa in August and ready to fly. Don't bother mentioning anything after the ITA etc. Don't present the affidavit etc. either. Just make sure that your name for CIC application (during express entry profile creation and later on after ITA) should match exactly as your passport. Hope this help.
Hello,
I just submitted my application and i have my AOR, my concern is the order of names on my passport is different from the order of names written on my Bank Letter for proof of funds. E.g name on passport is Charles Evans George. but on the Bank letter and Statement of account, it was written as Evans Charles George.
I realized the mismatch after i have already submitted. will this be a problem.
A lil concerned.

vree.edu

Nov 17, 2018
Hi...

Spelling of my father's name in all my educational certificates is different than all other documents like Passport, What is the way out as I am about to create my EE profile? There is difference of "H"

Spelling in Educational documents- HARSADKUMAR (No H after S)
Spelling in other documents (passport)- HARSHADKUMAR (H after S)

Last edited:

kamatchilavanya

Aug 2, 2019
Hi folks,
My name in the passport is "AA BB". But in the educational documents it's "AABB" (without space in between). Do I need to submit letter of explanation or affidavit?

Khaula

May 16, 2022
Hey.
All my degrees and passport have my surname spelled as "karim" while my master's degree have the name spelled as "kareem"wouldthis be an issue for me? do all my degrees require to have same spelling?