+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name in ielts exam

Sep 22, 2017
Hi,
I have a quick question.. I recently got married and about to give ielts exams.. however, there's one thing I need to confirm.. I have not changed my name on my passport yet (to show my name after marriage) so, if I give exam with my old name and passport, will those scores be allowed if I apply for visa with my new name (after marriage name)? If I put my marriage certificate, will that work fine?

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hi,
I have a quick question.. I recently got married and about to give ielts exams.. however, there's one thing I need to confirm.. I have not changed my name on my passport yet (to show my name after marriage) so, if I give exam with my old name and passport, will those scores be allowed if I apply for visa with my new name (after marriage name)? If I put my marriage certificate, will that work fine?
Are you doing this for Permanen residnet ?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi,
Yes it's fine. You can give your ielts in the old name. You will have a similar issue with Wes cause they give ECA with the name on your transcripts.. you can submit marriage certificate and other documents relating to your name change later on while filing the application post ITA

magesh1988

Star Member
Sep 19, 2017
Canada
Category........
why do you want to change the name as soon as you get married , if you are planning to do all this paper work ?
I have asked my wife not to change till she gets pr after landing here, we have an option to do easily.

Why would you make the documents more complicated , nothing wrong changing instead of two documents you will have to submit 10 here thats all,

This is my thoughts