Med's Done....
07-04-2014; 24-04-2015
Interview........
27-02-2014
Passport Req..
28-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2015
Is there anyone who knows if it is allowed to update the name in the passport before landing?

I have got the visa and landing papers, but I wants to update my kid's passport to correct his name. He would still have the same name but split into first name and last name field. Currently his full name is written in last name field and first name field is blank.

If I do this passport change, would I need the kid's visa reissued? Or may be it is better to land and then correct the name later after becoming PR?

Any advise?

Thanks
NM

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr.NM said:
Is there anyone who knows if it is allowed to update the name in the passport before landing?

I have got the visa and landing papers, but I wants to update my kid's passport to correct his name. He would still have the same name but split into first name and last name field. Currently his full name is written in last name field and first name field is blank.

If I do this passport change, would I need the kid's visa reissued? Or may be it is better to land and then correct the name later after becoming PR?

Any advise?

Thanks
NM
It is best to fix it before landing. Otherwise, his PR card will be issued in the incorrect name too (and SIN, health, etc.) so the problem will snowball for you. That being said, you would need to let the VO know so they can update the CoPR and place the visa in his new passport before landing so you will need to account for time for that.

If they haven't yet issued the CoPR, then it's easier because you can just send them the updated passport info (via case specific enquiry) and they will update his name in their files before issuing the CoPR and visa.