+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Name change on Citizenship Card

Lynnekovan

Sep 4, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My daughter has Canadian citizenship, and needs to change to her married name on her citizenship card. Does any one know hos she can do this?
Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Lynnekovan said:
My daughter has Canadian citizenship, and needs to change to her married name on her citizenship card. Does any one know hos she can do this?
Thanks
She follows the instructions here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0001ETOC.asp

MandyRobertson

Feb 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I am Lynne's daughter. Thanks for providing us with the link. I am now in the process of completing the relevant form and have a couple of queries if anyone is able to help;

1. In the section about the applicant's parents, it asks how my father obtained Canadian citizenship, which he doesn't have so I have stated this in the box. It then goes on to ask questions that would only be relevant if he did have citizenship with no option for 'not applicable'. Can I assume it is ok to leave these questions unanswered?

2. In the section about the applicant's mother it asks about her leaving Canada before 1977. My mother left Canada in 1960 and hasn't returned to live there since. What shall I put in the date 'to' field?

Thank you in advance.