Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hi all,
I am filling my eAPR

My spouse's name before marriage was Sana Anwar Syed (Not real but it had three parts), where Anwar is her father's name, Syed is her family name and Sana is her first name. Only official document that mentions her old name is her driver's license from India and nothing else. After marriage she took the name Sana Syed Khan, where Khan is my surname (not real). Her passport is in that name and so her all of present IDs. Her passport mentions her name as

Given : Sana Syed
Surname : Khan

So thats the name that goes is "What is your name" question. Now in the question "Have you used another name" I mentioned her past name as
Given : Sana
Surname : Syed

This is something I have been doing in her past applications (Work Permit, TRV, Study Permit) as well.

Trouble is, now that I need to file PR, I am not sure what should I do? For legal name change, I can provide the marriage certificate that has new name. For old name, can I provide driving license?

Have I been misrepresenting her old name in past applications as Given : Sana , Surname : Syed?

Since she had no passport before and only driving license which does not break name into given and surname, I always though her past name as Given : Sana, Middle : Anwar Surname : Syed. Her family gave her name Sana, her family name was Syed. Anwar was her fathers name which she used as middle name. So I filled the form likewise. For current name I matched it with passport.

What can I do to properly write her name and provide legal name change document?

Last edited:

baka

Jun 2, 2017
Hi can you please help me my current job they don't give a letter saying I am working there to apply express entry application. So what can I do