+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

name change error by CIC

msc22

Mar 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
need urgent help if someone can shed light on this. I found in my ATIP report as well as when received my citizenship test letter that my name has been changed by CIC. They used my previous name which was mentioned in as other names used in past. I called CIC during I receieved my ATIP but they told no it is correct but now I have received citizenship test where I see the same name error. My test is next week what should I do as my PR , current passport all have correct name on it. The error is XXXDIP instead of xxxDEEP.

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
msc22 said:
need urgent help if someone can shed light on this. I found in my ATIP report as well as when received my citizenship test letter that my name has been changed by CIC. They used my previous name which was mentioned in as other names used in past. I called CIC during I receieved my ATIP but they told no it is correct but now I have received citizenship test where I see the same name error. My test is next week what should I do as my PR , current passport all have correct name on it. The error is XXXDIP instead of xxxDEEP.
Is your PR card, drivers license and your country passport in the correct name? If that's the case, you would need to send a case specific enquiry, attach photocopies of the PR card, licence, passport and request the change.

Telling them on the phone wont work. You have to send a written request, with appropriate evidence

Ray

peterperez

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Contact : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/crimesinister-u563071.html

Member : crimesinister

You can browse him he is in this site going to file lawsuit

Please try to help him financially if you wanna stop this bill

His member is crimesinister

I'm planning to mount and injunction to stop the provisions of Bill C-24 coming into force on June 11. The basis of my injunction are as follows:

1. CIC didn't pre-publish the proposed regulation in the Canada Gazette, Part I as required by specific legal requirements set out in the Statutory Instruments Act and by policy requirements that are articulated in the Cabinet Directive on Streamlining Regulation (CDSR). CIC did publish "Notice of Intent," but not the proposed regulations including the regulatory impact assessment statement (RIAS). In Tłı̨chǫ Government v. Canada (Attorney General), the court held that "Consultation in a manner that conforms to the legal obligations of the consulting party must occur before the impugned activity takes place. As it is aimed at fostering agreement, consultation which occurs after the fact will likely be largely meaningless and the harm that ensues cannot be compensated through damages" and granted Tłı̨chǫ Government injuctive relief and ordered suspending the coming into force of the impugned regulations.

2. Just for good measure, I am going to argue that the "intent to reside" provision of the regulations coming into force are not compatible with the S6 of the Charter with states 6. (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada

My plan is to get a lawyer first thing Monday morning and proceed with this. I invite anyone interested to collaborate with me to make this happen by responding here.

msc22

Mar 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raymasa said:
Is your PR card, drivers license and your country passport in the correct name? If that's the case, you would need to send a case specific enquiry, attach photocopies of the PR card, licence, passport and request the change.

Telling them on the phone wont work. You have to send a written request, with appropriate evidence

Ray
Yes my PR card, drivers license and country passport has correct name. I don't know if I will appear for the test next week will they allow me or not? or the testing guys have the authority to change it as it is the administrative error. I am aware if there is a mistake made in citizenship certificate they correct it but before that how soon they can do it.

you are right, phone didn't help as I called up earlier when I received my ATIP report which was showing wrong name but call center executive confirmed it is correct as per the PR card or passport , I was surprised to see his reply and it seems he didn't verified at all . ATIP is clearly showing the mistake infact scarborough office had commented in one of the fields as NEW VALUE=old name , OLD VALUE= current name

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
msc22 said:
Yes my PR card, drivers license and country passport has correct name. I don't know if I will appear for the test next week will they allow me or not? or the testing guys have the authority to change it as it is the administrative error. I am aware if there is a mistake made in citizenship certificate they correct it but before that how soon they can do it.

you are right, phone didn't help as I called up earlier when I received my ATIP report which was showing wrong name but call center executive confirmed it is correct as per the PR card or passport , I was surprised to see his reply and it seems he didn't verified at all . ATIP is clearly showing the mistake infact scarborough office had commented in one of the fields as NEW VALUE=old name , OLD VALUE= current name

Go to the test, take the test. Please do not miss your scheduled test. They may or may not correct the name at the test interview and you can send the copies of your PR, etc and a written request for name change now.

Again, please do not miss your test

Ray

msc22

Mar 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raymasa said:
Go to the test, take the test. Please do not miss your scheduled test. They may or may not correct the name at the test interview and you can send the copies of your PR, etc and a written request for name change now.

Again, please do not miss your test

Ray
Yup I am going to give the test and will send the request to CIC with all the doc proof ,let's hope they correct the error.

Thanks

raymasa

Star Member
Apr 12, 2014
msc22 said:
Yup I am going to give the test and will send the request to CIC with all the doc proof ,let's hope they correct the error.

Thanks
They will correct the error, don't worry. As long as it's a written request with the required proof

Ray