Doc's Request.
23-10-2009
AOR Received.
08-03-2010
File Transfer...
28-10-2010
Hi CACA,

Sorry for replying to you so late.

First call the Canadian Embassy and check the amount to be paid, as exchange rate fluctuates. Then pay the amount in CPO to the Embassy at the Addis Ababa Branch of the Commercial Bank. Then take the CPO to the Embassy and they will issue an official receipt in lieu of the CPO, which you can forward to Nairobi along with your docs.

The Embassy only accepts appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so make sure you register your name at the gate at least a day earlier.

In my case, I was asked to pay 16,880 Birr i.e. at a rate of 490 CAD for two.

Wishing you all the best.

CACA

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear all

How long it will take to get a visa from Nairobi visa office after medical or submission of passport?
@Selamta i thank you for the reply, I just paid RPRF by bank draft in CAD, is there any progress
by your side, did u get the visa?

thanks!

Aquaviva21

Star Member
Apr 9, 2012
Kenya
Category........
Visa Office......
NAIROBI,KENYA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
File Transfer...
31-Jan-2012
Med's Done....
Around December 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
21-may-2012
LANDED..........
Soon hopefully before October 2012
Not long I sent mine on 30th had a call on3rd July Tuesday 10 am to pick it

DHB123

Jul 13, 2012
Selamta said:
Hi CACA,

Sorry for replying to you so late.

First call the Canadian Embassy and check the amount to be paid, as exchange rate fluctuates. Then pay the amount in CPO to the Embassy at the Addis Ababa Branch of the Commercial Bank. Then take the CPO to the Embassy and they will issue an official receipt in lieu of the CPO, which you can forward to Nairobi along with your docs.

The Embassy only accepts appointments on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so make sure you register your name at the gate at least a day earlier.

In my case, I was asked to pay 16,880 Birr i.e. at a rate of 490 CAD for two.

[Hey Mr.Selamta I am from Addis Ababa. I applied to nairobi office in 2009. it is now 32 months. The E-cas shows that ''IN PROCESS'' for the last three months. No Medical request. I think you have got a visa. How was your process been going. when did the E-cas says in process. when your medical request come for you. after what time did you receive a visa. please kindly advise me your experience/ insights on this matter.

Brotherly yours]

Selamta

Feb 24, 2010
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
4121, 4166
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2008
Doc's Request.
23-10-2009
AOR Received.
08-03-2010
File Transfer...
28-10-2010
Hi DHB123,

My eCAS status changed to IP on 6 Feb 2012 and the letter requesting additional and updated docs, including medicals was sent on 13 Feb, as I discovered later. The letter, however, took FOUR and HALF MONTHS to get to my mailbox. Who would believe this?! I am pretty certain that the Post Office messed me up, as the stamp on the envelope did confirm that they received it on 23 Feb... but took months to put it into my mailbox.

On my side, I had to get updated police certificates, make "right of permanent residence" payments and do medicals for the whole family. This took me two weeks. I submitted all docs on 11 July and I am waiting to hear from the Nairobi VO.

While you are waiting to receive the letter, I advise you to go the Post Office and check with the Sorting Unit. You may discover that your letter is stashed somewhere in their disorderly office.

EDIT By the way, I initially applied in May 2008... and I have had to wait for 48 months before getting MR.

DHB123

Jul 13, 2012
Selamta said:
Hi DHB123,

My eCAS status changed to IP on 6 Feb 2012 and the letter requesting additional and updated docs, including medicals was sent on 13 Feb, as I discovered later. The letter, however, took FOUR and HALF MONTHS to get to my mailbox. Who would believe this?! I am pretty certain that the Post Office messed me up, as the stamp on the envelope did confirm that they received it on 23 Feb... but took months to put it into my mailbox.

On my side, I had to get updated police certificates, make "right of permanent residence" payments and do medicals for the whole family. This took me two weeks. I submitted all docs on 11 July and I am waiting to hear from the Nairobi VO.

While you are waiting to receive the letter, I advise you to go the Post Office and check with the Sorting Unit. You may discover that your letter is stashed somewhere in their disorderly office.

EDIT By the way, I initially applied in May 2008... and I have had to wait for 48 months before getting MR.

[Many thanks Selamta, You have made a big step.CONGRADULATION. Where(which state) did you plan to settle after you complete your process?

Now i am in a potion to compare my time line with yours. That is fairly explanatory. But, my question is that DOES THE VISA OFFICE INFORM BY E-MAIL THAT IT HAS SENT A MEDICAL REQUEST FORM BY ORDINARY MAIL TO ONES ADDRESS OR JUST SEND WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTIFICATION?] Does the Medical Request has a deadline of submission from the day it may be sent?

Regards,

Selamta

Feb 24, 2010
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
4121, 4166
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2008
Doc's Request.
23-10-2009
AOR Received.
08-03-2010
File Transfer...
28-10-2010
Hi DHB123,

Here are my answers to your questions:

1) I hope to settle initially in Kamloops, BC and then look around for better job opportunities.

2) In my case, I did not receive email notification.

3) According to the letter sent, all the requested docs along with the medicals have to be submitted within 60 days. In my case, the deadline had already passed when I received the letter so I emailed NVO about it. They said processing will resume when they receive the docs. they did not really bother about missing the 60-day mark.

Thanks

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
Dear Selamta,
Congratulations for reaching this far......I'm following up on your posts and they all are informative.
I had applied in March 2012 (MI-1) and my case turned 'In Process' exaclty after 1 year, i.e. April 2012 and I guess it'd follow my PCC and MR.

Since I'm NOT a citizen of Kenya but an expatriate, would you mind answering the following question?
- What comes next? PCC or MR or both and how much is generally the gap between "In Process" and the next?
- Where shall I go for PCC (I'm in Westlands), what's required and how long it takes to issue it for a family?
- Any piece of advice you'd like to give me at your own!

big thanks in advance.
Rgds

Selamta

Feb 24, 2010
Nairobi
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
4121, 4166
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-05-2008
Doc's Request.
23-10-2009
AOR Received.
08-03-2010
File Transfer...
28-10-2010
Mr nana,

Thanks.

If you had submitted PCC along with our initial application, you will still be asked to turn in a second PCC to ensure that you did not have any criminal records in between at the same time as the MR.

As I am from Addis, I cannot provide you with info on your second question.

I very much hope you will hear from the VO soon.

My best wishes to you!

gal

Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey Everyone

hope all is okay and processes are going further.

i am just wondering how you get to find out when the visa has been issued, i sent my pp on the 5th of July and i haven't seen any change in my ecas.

A friend of mine submitted his pp 19th of July and his ecas has changed to decision made. my question is, is there a time limit to give the emabassy before you contact them on the pp.

waesta

Jun 2, 2009
gal said:
hey Everyone

hope all is okay and processes are going further.

i am just wondering how you get to find out when the visa has been issued, i sent my pp on the 5th of July and i haven't seen any change in my ecas.

A friend of mine submitted his pp 19th of July and his ecas has changed to decision made. my question is, is there a time limit to give the emabassy before you contact them on the pp.
Hey Gal, i think there is still time. We submitted our passports 26th June and status only changed to DM this week. I think yours will also change soon.

waesta

Jun 2, 2009
Aquaviva21 said:
Not long I sent mine on 30th had a call on3rd July Tuesday 10 am to pick it
Aquaviva and others, when you receive a call to pick the pps, when are the visa collection hours and what do you show the guards to be allowed in? They tried calling today but thrice we got disconnected so we plan to go and check tomorrow morning. Hope our visas are ready.

gal

Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Gal, i think there is still time. We submitted our passports 26th June and status only changed to DM this week. I think yours will also change soon.

Hey Waesta

Thanks for allaying my concerns and congratulations to you.

which province are you planning to settle in?

waesta

Jun 2, 2009
gal said:

Hey Waesta

Thanks for allaying my concerns and congratulations to you.

which province are you planning to settle in?
We plan to settle in Ontario Province, Brampton specifically. And you?

CACA

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Dear NVO applicants,

I have sent my passport a week before to NVO, when do you think will I get my passport back with mapple leaf visa, when will the bank draft be cashed after it is received by NVO and the medical receival additional line will be appear?

Thanks!