+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi visa office applicant !

gal

Dec 6, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi Schmeichel

How much do you pay for medicals in Kenya?

by the way thanks for updating us. it lifts our morale a whole lot

Be Blessed

schmeichel

Star Member
Sep 27, 2008
Hi gal,

I will be doing my medicals in Dar es Salaam, the total cost including postal charges to send the results to London amount to TZS 300,000/-. I am sure that would be comparable to Nairobi, so if you convert the TZS amount at an exchange rate of 18 (1 KES = 18TZS) you get around KES 17,000/-. Nairobi has a much bigger list of physicians too but I don't think the cost would be less than KES 15,000/-. But that's just my guess, for sure doing the medicals are not cheap!

gashe4peace

Jul 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 15/2010
Doc's Request.
Dec.2010
Med's Request
May.2012
Med's Done....
sep.2012
LANDED..........
only God knows
schmeichel said:
Hi gal,

I will be doing my medicals in Dar es Salaam, the total cost including postal charges to send the results to London amount to TZS 300,000/-. I am sure that would be comparable to Nairobi, so if you convert the TZS amount at an exchange rate of 18 (1 KES = 18TZS) you get around KES 17,000/-. Nairobi has a much bigger list of physicians too but I don't think the cost would be less than KES 15,000/-. But that's just my guess, for sure doing the medicals are not cheap!
hi my brother how doing? hey lessong take care iU have now lot things in UR mind. This kind of information worthyfull for us if on i get in Ethiopian Birr . U know just to safe and for mental preparation. Any way be strong and concetrate on curent asigment.
Take care body.

SONKO-KIVIAKE

Star Member
Oct 6, 2010
NAIROBI
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22nd March 2010
Doc's Request.
19th May 2010 but submitted on 16th Sep. 2010
Nomination.....
19th May 2010
AOR Received.
Ist AOR in May & 2nd AOR in Sep 2010
IELTS Request
19th May 2010 but submitted on 16th Sep. 2010
File Transfer...
22nd May 2010
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
schmeichel said:
Hi pendo, sonko thanks, Nairobi police certificate won't be a problem, I am actually here right now and I have had to "expedite" the process so I can get it by Friday (by the way Nairobi has become very expensive!). I will do my medicals in Dar es Salaam and send in my documents including passport from there. They have not asked for bank statements yet but I have to update Schedule A so they might ask for it.
Finally NVO is working on some cases and this is encouraging. We just have to keep the faith.

Hahahaha....Nairobi is a very expensive city where the very rich & the very poor in the society reside. Enjoy while here

gashe4peace

Jul 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 15/2010
Doc's Request.
Dec.2010
Med's Request
May.2012
Med's Done....
sep.2012
LANDED..........
only God knows
hello guys
i'm really in dark vision ??? :( :( when our turn will be ???? For those who send on Dec.2010 ? asuming every thing ok.
I even can't follow my Ecase status since then.
Guys Pls share and forward about Nairobi VO when they will start our case ?
good luck for those who already got MR.
regard

Pendo33

Nov 4, 2011
Hi Gashe,

My dear hang in there and dont give up your patient wait.

I landed in Canada on 10/3/12 and I can tell you it was the most beautiful experience- very worth the wait :)
Everybody so far has been very welcoming including the boarder personnel and the weather which has been in the single digits so far- No snow with sunshine but very cold winds- I expected to be burried in snow so this has turned out to be really great weather.

Best regards to all of you in waiting

Pendo33

gashe4peace said:
hello guys
i'm really in dark vision ??? :( :( when our turn will be ???? For those who send on Dec.2010 ? asuming every thing ok.
I even can't follow my Ecase status since then.
Guys Pls share and forward about Nairobi VO when they will start our case ?
good luck for those who already got MR.
regard

Mimisha

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Hello Pendo33

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful landing experience. Can you please share some important information about the place you settled, housing, health and education systems and job prospects. How are children assessed before admission to schools etc. I would like to obtain maximum information that will be helpful for me.

My medicals & passports were sent on 17.2.12 while the PCC is still due to be sent.

Thanks

gashe4peace

Jul 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 15/2010
Doc's Request.
Dec.2010
Med's Request
May.2012
Med's Done....
sep.2012
LANDED..........
only God knows
Pendo33 said:
Hi Gashe,

My dear hang in there and dont give up your patient wait.

I landed in Canada on 10/3/12 and I can tell you it was the most beautiful experience- very worth the wait :)
Everybody so far has been very welcoming including the boarder personnel and the weather which has been in the single digits so far- No snow with sunshine but very cold winds- I expected to be burried in snow so this has turned out to be really great weather.

Best regards to all of you in waiting

Pendo33
Hello Penso33
Thank you i will try my best effort to be petitient. i just to know probablity of time when my turn will be. daily life become heavyer than expected and become less to concentrate in daily life. i will try
thank you my brother.
with regard

Pendo33

Nov 4, 2011
gashe4peace said:
Hi Gashe,

I totally hear you and understand your predicament. Even though I think my application went through really fast compared to others, I felt helpless many times just waiting and checking my mail all day for info which wasnt forthcoming. Like I said in one of my posts , this process is full of uncertainity.If you have done all your part, then just wait.

By the way I am female. Lol!

Pendo33
Hello Penso33
Thank you i will try my best effort to be petitient. i just to know probablity of time when my turn will be. daily life become heavyer than expected and become less to concentrate in daily life. i will try
thank you my brother.

with regard

Pendo33

Nov 4, 2011
Mimisha said:
Hello Pendo33

Glad to hear that you had a wonderful landing experience. Can you please share some important information about the place you settled, housing, health and education systems and job prospects. How are children assessed before admission to schools etc. I would like to obtain maximum information that will be helpful for me.

My medicals & passports were sent on 17.2.12 while the PCC is still due to be sent.

Thanks
Hello Mimisha,
Right now I dont have much to share as I just landed alone to prepare for my family who will join me in the next one month. I am sure that by the time your paper work goes through I will have plenty of experience to share about housing, schools and health insurance.

Best regards Pendo33

mr_rana

Dec 28, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Sent with App. (Excluding PCC)
AOR Received.
1st:-04.2010, 2nd:- 04.2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
File Transfer...
06.2011 (RBVO), 04.2012 (In Process)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 24.01.2013
LANDED..........
I'm here seeking some guidance of life in Kenya.

Expecting to move to Kenya (Nairobi) and I wish if someone could shed some light on this country, social living, security, living cost etc. for an Indian family in Kenya...I know there are a lot of Indians in there!

Thanks

CACA

Star Member
Jan 28, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
May 2010
AOR Received.
July 2010
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
Med's Request
June 2012
Med's Done....
June 2012
Passport Req..
July 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I don't understand,what is going on with Nairobi visa office? it has been close to two years since i got 2nd AOR but i didn't got any update and there are really very sad news for those unfortunate applicants(pre2008) we don't konw they will do the same thing to us.

The Government of Canada announced on 29 March 2012 a plan to reduce the backlog of Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) applications by returning all applications and government fees submitted prior to 27 February 2008. This will amount to a total of almost 300,000 returned applications, as well as approximately $130 million in refunded government processing fees.
Approximately 160,000 FSW applications, submitted after 28 February 2008, will remain in queue for processing.
The Announcement
This statement has been issued as part of the larger Federal Budget for 2012, which was released on 29 March. The budget includes information for reducing national deficit and creating more fiscally efficient government infrastructure, an integral part of which is tied to immigration policy and processing times. As part of this plan, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC), is expected to reduce its operating costs by $179 million over the next three years.
The budget mentions that “Canada risks losing the global talent competition for the world's best and brightest as potential immigrants choose to take their skills to other countries with more responsive immigration systems rather than remain in the queue to have their applications process in Canada”.
With this in mind, the decision was reached to not only return the approximately 300,000 applications, but to focus on creating a system that would streamline processing and “reduce duplication and overlap” in the overall structure.
Government Rationale
The applications being returned are currently only from the FSW program. No additional plans have yet been announced to address backlogs in other immigration categories.
CIC hopes that reducing application numbers will allow it to streamline its programs in a way that will eliminate overhead costs currently incurred by dealing with the backlog. For instance, some visa offices devote significant amounts of time and money to processing pre-2008 applications. With these out of the way, visa officers will be free to devote time and energy to processing applications that have a higher likelihood of approval under current government standards.
The decision is also part of a larger effort by CIC to “transition to a faster and more flexible economic immigration system”. This new system will be aimed at more accurately addressing Canadian labour market needs as well as better serving those applicants still in line to be processed. Currently, Canada is facing severe labour shortages, specifically in Western provinces where skilled tradespeople are in great demand.
It is important to note that, despite widespread austerity measures being imposed on most government departments, CIC is one of only five that are being asked to reduce operating costs by less than six percent. In fact, proposed upgrades to the Canadian immigration system are likely to cost over $25 million in upcoming years.
Advice for Returned Applicants
The promise of new, streamlined immigration systems is no comfort for the thousands of individuals and their families who have now seen their hopes for Canadian immigration come to an end.
“This is such awful news for the people who have been waiting patiently in line,” says Attorney David Cohen, “Of course, they are free to submit a new application, but that will be of little solace at this time. I truly feel badly for them”.
Applicants who will see their files returned but are still keen to come to Canada are by no means excluded from re-submitting an application, either through the FSW program or one of the over 60 other available Canadian immigration programs. As the government more thoroughly outlines its plans for immigration in the future, prospective applicants should make sure to keep abreast of new developments that may be of benefit to themselves and their unique skill sets.

The link : http://www.cicnews.com/2012/03/canadian-government-slashes-backlog-031472.html

Dassen

Aug 6, 2011
Mauritius
Category........
Visa Office......
NVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
October 2010
AOR Received.
In Process April 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
October 2010
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Exempted
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
27 June 2012
LANDED..........
25 August 2012
Hi CACA,

It's been a very long time since we've last heard from you.

Thanks for the update. It's really very sad for pre February 2008 applicants. In our case, however, things are different. If fact I predict a very fast processing of cases falling under our category after Canada Govt. decision to return all pre Feb 2008 applications.

In your case however, I think you need to inquire from NVO. I suppose you have almost the same timeline with that of Mimisha. Things have developed quite fast for Mimisha. I believe good news are very close for you as well.

Let's pray and hope for the best for all those falling in our category.

Cheers.

Mimisha

Star Member
Aug 11, 2011
Dear friends

It's not only breaking news but heartbreaking news for pre Feb 2008 applicants. I got the news since 2 weeks but did not want to bring the issue so that no one feels discouraged. May be the govt can change the decision.

In my case I sent medicals on 17.2.12 and police clearance around 17 March. Up to now no news. My ecas still shows "...we started processing on 23.1.12". Medical received or decision line not yet appearing. It is still waiting time for me too.

I have observed that applicants are tired waiting and participation under this forum is becoming rare.

CACA, don't lose hope and think positive. Indeed the processing will now become faster because of so many worldwide complaints about backlogs for canada immigration. The govt will surely have positive reaction to save its image.