+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi applicants of 2006 onwards..anyone received request for updated docs

Lynn

Sep 2, 2008
Got a friend who applied in 2006 as wel, in April. Nothing yet for him too.

I guess it won't process that soon (average 4years).

Jenny=: I have sent my updated documents in May 2009.

What do you mean by "registered on track-it"?

Be strong!

Thanks,
Lynn

sridas

Jul 18, 2009
hi friends,
i know wat the pain u r going through with this lack of professionalism from CHC Nairobi. in fact i have lot of friends who r in same boat as you. there r some 2005 appl who r still waiting for their PR. wat a mess this people at Nairobi.... b patient n strong.... really disgustful

cheers

rawal16

Jan 16, 2009
Hi dear ones

Same situation with the Pakistani applicants... I applied in sept 06 and still waiting . Some time back they asked for return of money , which i refrained.. Now one month before, I received a letter from Immigration authorities of Saskatchewan that if i wish to apply to provincial nomination program , it will be much faster than the FSW. They said that they received my data from the CIC authorities , which according to them will take couple of years to decide my case. The Saskatchewan authorities wrote in their letter that if i wish to apply to their province then i have to fulfill their conditions and have to apply again for their programme.

I want to knew will my previous application with the CIC will help my case with the saska application or not. What should i do in any way?
Please advice/

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
Lynn go to http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/federal-skilled-workers. With this website we can keep track of the cases of applicants who have registered with it. You will know more when you visit it. Have a look.

PS. Did you ever order your CAIPS notes???

simplesimon

Star Member
Jul 10, 2009
Hi Guys,

I have just found out the reason why Nairobi is so slooooow . Apparently they only have 10 Officers dealing with 1,000s of files.

How can we complain to CIC about this ?

My friend sent all his dox on May 11th, 2009 and still no response. Nina fikiri these guys get posted here just to enjoy the good weather and wildlife - wana sahau kufanya kazi !!!!

sridas

Jul 18, 2009
hi simplesimon,
r u from Nairobi? lots of people r complaining about Nairobi.some hyave sent passport 6 months back but still no return with PR visa. its really frustrating.

cheers

rhino2008

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
Simplesimon,

Thats so true. hawa watu hawa wanakuwasposted Nairobi with thet great weather. also to see our wildlife na kukula nyama carnivore. chc Nairobi is a big joke. Buffalo handles thousands of files as well anf they still repond when you write to them as well as get a time to do their stuff so fast. i wish i didnt have to send my stuff there. but again you cant always get your a wish.

waesta

Jun 2, 2009
Hi Guys,

Iam also in the same boat with you guys in Nairobi. I applied in Sept 2006, and since Jan 2007,my status reads "we started processing your file on 2nd Jan 2007" and upto now nothing yet...What we have done now is to apply again to Nova scotia under the new system coz our professions (my hubby & i) fall within the 38 NOC professions. We got a full application request fron CHC sydney pretty fast but after submitting to our good Nrb office, the file now seems to be stuck. There is really a problem in CHC Nairobi that needs to be addressed. The staff at the front office and also very unfriendly.

What to do anyway....

simplesimon

Star Member
Jul 10, 2009
Yes Sridas I am from Nairobi and Im sorry if it sounds racist but hawa wazungu ( expats ) think that once they are here and within the CHC they are Gods and we are nothing.

They dont believe that we are even entitled to an update or that they even need to answer queries. In this forum so many ppl have called CIC Nova Scotia and their calls have been answered by friendly helpful staff, who even give indications on how long and why processing times are the way they are. So what do the expats in Nairobi think they are ? Cant pick up a phone, wont reply to emails - my email got answered after 4mths - which was not helpful anyway, because i got all my answers on this forum!

Have you seen how difficult it is to even enter the CHC premises ??? ati unapark gari on the road - actually - at the entrance of Karura Forest ( shell BP club ) and then you have to plead with the askaris to let you in !!!

sridas

Jul 18, 2009
hi,
its pity for us applicants, to endure such treatment from these rough guys at CHC. but one friend told me that only one canadian officer work at chc Nairobi, the rest r all local people. any comments... cheers

martha marita

Aug 1, 2007
I think its something to do with communications.. I applied in February 2004. In April 2004 my doc were sent back because the visa officer couldnt see the bank draft which was right infront of my documents with a well written cover letter. I waited when I emailed them to ask if they had seen my documents or confirm receipt. They told me they had sent them back as a payment was missing. I was very shocked because i was in the uk while they sent those doc in kenya.

I therefore followed up with the post office and trhey were found. I asked my siter to courier them to me so I did send them back in Sept 02004. In Dec 2004 i received a letter to confirm receipt and that it will take 2 years. On March 2007 I sent them and email asking them about the status, and quickly they apologise re: backlog and sent me medical forms. In april 2007 i sent medicals and in July 2007 request my passport. i was granted visa in August 2007 and landed in November 2007. I had to live canada to complete my studies and then was back into canada in mar 09.

Keep on hunging there. I think its backlog issue. My mum applied for a visitor visa in april this year and was issued last week!!!

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
We do need something positive to lift ourselves...Nairobi seems to be all doom and gloom. I hope they address this problem quick as I am so fed up of waiting!

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
martha you are lucky the responded back to you. You think I should enquire too because on my AOR they has said not to enquire until after two years and it is coming to almost three years since I received my AOR. Did you call them? send them a letter or email?

nalan

Nov 26, 2008
Hi applied in may 2007 under the simplified process and received AOR after 2 years in feb 2009 after a lot of follow ups... after that no news.. wonder how much more time we have to wait to hear something positive from nbo..