+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nairobi applicants of 2006 onwards..anyone received request for updated docs

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
The wait is unbearable...especially cause we do not know how much longer we are looking at. My application was received at the Nairobi high commision on Nov 12th 2006... it is coming to almost 33 months and no news yet. Anyone from 2006 received letter for document updates? Please specify your timeline on this forum. The last I heard from them was in Oct 08 when they asked me if I was interested in continuing with my app. Obviously I am not going to withdraw it after having waited for so long. Nothing since then.

sridas

Jul 18, 2009
hi, if u r fsw appl then it will take lot time. those of 2006 appl r still waiting for update documents. Nairobi is very slow with old fsw appl. one of my friend apply in dec 06 .till now nothing from Nairobi. so b patient...
cheers

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
It has been three years already. We were told two years. This is crazy since all our plans have been put on hold.

gashe4peace

Jul 30, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 15/2010
Doc's Request.
Dec.2010
Med's Request
May.2012
Med's Done....
sep.2012
LANDED..........
only God knows
i heard some rumor that their is a reform going on in Nairobi office & i don't know exactly but i think cases of each countries are will treated in their origin countries. Any way i don't know why our cases are treat in such long time? any way guys be busy in up grading your self ??

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
if only rhe office would bother communicating with the applicants. It is like we are in a limbo here and do not have any idea what to expect and when to expect.

mwongel

Aug 9, 2009
Wow..i'm happy to see other Kenyan's applying for FSW.

I was considering moving my application from Buffallo to Nairobi...but maybe I shouldn't?

Lynn

Sep 2, 2008
Hi,

I applied in August 2006 and received my file number in october.

I have received a letter for updated documents in March 2009. I have never been asked whether I wanted to proceed with my application before though.

simplesimon

Star Member
Jul 10, 2009
Hi Lynn

Did you submit your updated package to CHC Nairobi ? and have you received a response ? im curious to know their processing times

Lynn

Sep 2, 2008
Yes. I sent again and since I got married, I also included my husband.

Nothing yet ...

jenny999

Star Member
Mar 18, 2009
Lynn I am so glad to hear from you. Well I applied in Nov 06. I can atleast hope for something this year. Please keep me updated on what happens to your application. I Hope you hear from them soon. Hav you registered on track-it? It is easier to follow up ppls cases there. Maybe you should so you know what is happening at the Nairobi office.

rhino2008

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
Hey Mwongel,

Dont even try to move your stuff from Buffalo to Nairobi. dont go and slow yourself down. CHC Nairobi is one of the slowest in the world. and worse of all, these guys dont even answer when you write to them. they are mute till when they decide their own time. their lack of response when you write to them make so many of us annoyed. HATA USIJARIBU KUSHIFT YOUR STUFF THERE. Buffalo is hundred times better than CHC Nairobi.

rhino2008

Star Member
Dec 4, 2008
Yo Jenny999,

I hear your pain. i cant imagine applying in 06 and still nothing. it would have driven me just nuts. its almost three years now. just kaa ngumu one day, you'll finish this race. you are almost at the finish line. when i see you guys who applied in 06 and they still had the courage to wait this long make me really think twice before banging the table. wow unbeleavable.