+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Hi All,

I need opinion w.r.t work experience letter from one of the previous employer. I was working as a consultant and deputed for an eGov project. The project was awarded to a leading consulting firm who in turn had engaged a third party manpower provider for providing resources.

My terms of association with this third party facilitator was on retainer ship engagement model. I was an independent vendor providing consulting services and used to raise an invoice every month against which the agreed amount was credited into my a/c. Also the ITRs I filed for those 2 yrs was of a self-employed professional (ITR 4). Presently that company is no longer operational. I have following documents available as of now-
  • Original agreements (incremental) and an revision of service charges (addendum)
  • Bank a/c statements
  • Form 16 & subsequent ITRs
  • Resignation Acceptance & Termination of Contract confirmation (on emails)
The incumbent division head (my reporting supervisor) is presently working with some other organization as a CTO and has agreed to provide me with an undertaking in format I deem suitable. Additionally I have also contacted the client (IAS officer overseeing the eGov project) and he has also agreed to provide me a reference letter specifying the job duties performed.

Kindly guide how I should approach this and which docs will be acceptable substantiating authenticity of work performed.

Regards,

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi All,

I need opinion w.r.t work experience letter from one of the previous employer. I was working as a consultant and deputed for an eGov project. The project was awarded to a leading consulting firm who in turn had engaged a third party manpower provider for providing resources.

My terms of association with this third party facilitator was on retainer ship engagement model. I was an independent vendor providing consulting services and used to raise an invoice every month against which the agreed amount was credited into my a/c. Also the ITRs I filed for those 2 yrs was of a self-employed professional (ITR 4). Presently that company is no longer operational. I have following documents available as of now-
  • Original agreements (incremental) and an revision of service charges (addendum)
  • Bank a/c statements
  • Form 16 & subsequent ITRs
  • Resignation Acceptance & Termination of Contract confirmation (on emails)
The incumbent division head (my reporting supervisor) is presently working with some other organization as a CTO and has agreed to provide me with an undertaking in format I deem suitable. Additionally I have also contacted the client (IAS officer overseeing the eGov project) and he has also agreed to provide me a reference letter specifying the job duties performed.

Kindly guide how I should approach this and which docs will be acceptable substantiating authenticity of work performed.

Regards,
Before proceeding further, have you had any other work experience besides this? If you have 3 or more without this one you can completely ignore it (you'll later add it to personal experience with no reference letter needed). I'm asking because you said "one of the previous employers"

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
Before proceeding further, have you had any other work experience besides this? If you have 3 or more without this one you can completely ignore it (you'll later add it to personal experience with no reference letter needed). I'm asking because you said "one of the previous employers"
I do have previous experiences but none in consulting domain. So I need to showcase this experience.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I do have previous experiences but none in consulting domain. So I need to showcase this experience.
are they not in NOC 0 A or B? You won't be required to be stuck in this line of work after you move.

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
Can somebody share a template of the LOE. I believe it needs to be short and crisp so VO can easily process the info.
Do we need to add any columns and comments describing what each document support covers ?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Can somebody share a template of the LOE. I believe it needs to be short and crisp so VO can easily process the info.
Do we need to add any columns and comments describing what each document support covers ?
i just wrote a letter with bullet points. one page, title of the topic in bold. Keep it simple. There's not really a template. I had a document for all. If you have a detailed explanation you need to provide for one topic you can have a separate LOE. It's just a personal preference. If you have nothing to explain there's no need to add information about it in the LOE. It's not a requirement. It's just there if you have any information to help the agent working no your file

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
are they not in NOC 0 A or B? You won't be required to be stuck in this line of work after you move.
I have worked in varied fields (BPO / IT client management / operations management) but most recently in consulting domain. In order to claim more than 3 yrs in a single NOC, I need to showcase this exp. Is there any chance it will be recognized?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I have worked in varied fields (BPO / IT client management / operations management) but most recently in consulting domain. In order to claim more than 3 yrs in a single NOC, I need to showcase this exp. Is there any chance it will be recognized?
more than 3 years isn't needed, it won't get you more points. If you have two jobs that amount to three with a minimum of one continuous year (even if they're different NOC) where you can easily get your reference letters from go for that. It's just to make your life easier. No job is "better" than the other as long as they're in NOC 0 A or B
Back to the original case, you can get that notarized statement from your former manager with supporting documents.

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
more than 3 years isn't needed, it won't get you more points. If you have two jobs that amount to three with a minimum of one continuous year (even if they're different NOC) where you can easily get your reference letters from go for that. It's just to make your life easier. No job is "better" than the other as long as they're in NOC 0 A or B.
I am a bit confused now. On CIC website (Comprehensive Ranking System Points Calculator) it is stated that 'It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)'.

In order to complete 3 years under one occupation, I would need to obtain documents for that consulting engagement.

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I am a bit confused now. On CIC website (Comprehensive Ranking System Points Calculator) it is stated that 'It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B)'.

In order to complete 3 years under one occupation, I would need to obtain documents for that consulting engagement.
It says a minimum of one year. Man we've been at it for a while. Please check the forum for such cases. I (and many others) claimed 3 years using 2 jobs. We've all done it. The requirement is one year minimum continuous for a job.
If you're still unsure, just go get the paperwork from the consulting job. I just had a suggestion to make your life easier but if you want the consulting gig just go ahead.
Know it won't matter to recruiters or whatever in the future. There's no priority for job types.

Doc_Abby_Zo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2017
It says a minimum of one year. Man we've been at it for a while. Please check the forum for such cases. I (and many others) claimed 3 years using 2 jobs. We've all done it. The requirement is one year minimum continuous for a job.
If you're still unsure, just go get the paperwork from the consulting job. I just had a suggestion to make your life easier but if you want the consulting gig just go ahead.
Know it won't matter to recruiters or whatever in the future. There's no priority for job types.
Can you please share the format of reference / exp letter which I need to obtain. I have found many sample templates and not sure which will be apt for this situation.

Thanks!

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017

Rocky83

Star Member
Sep 10, 2017
1. Regarding proof of funds, as my spouse is the primary applicant, can i provide my account statements as well validating the minimum required for settlement purposes or should i transfer some amount to my spouse's account and hold it there till we get a decision. Would a normal bank transfer be sufficient ?

2. Banks here are not ready to provide a reference letter stating no credit cards or loans outstanding. If there is a loan outstanding, would a document from the bank stating outstanding amount be enough ? Banks are suggesting to purchase a credit score report which would not be on bank letterhead but a third party agency which maintains this information.

3. Also, if you have a valid job offer, does CIC enquire with the company validating the details or just skims through the letter ? The job offered to my spouse is temporary, need-based on assignment and does not mention the word "permanent" though its valid for 2 years. Will this impact our application in any way?

Please assist.

PVPal

Aug 9, 2017
Asked this another post, did'nt get a response. Request advise.
I have a query regarding creating my EE profile. I have 9 years of work experience under two NOCs. Here is my situation:
  1. For FSW eligibility, I have to show only 1 year experience since I have a PhD and IELTS CLP9 eq to reach 67+ score. So that is not an issue.
  2. For CRS, I need to show 3+ years work experience to get 50 points with CLP 9. My dilemma is whether to show only one NOC with 3+ years experience or to show a second NOC with another 3+ years experience. More clarity below:
    • Company 1, NOC 1: 3+ years experience
    • Company 1, NOC 2: 3+ years work experience. Company 1 may give Work Experience for both NOCs
    • Company 2, NOC 2: 2+ years work experience. However, since its a current job, getting work experience under NOC 2 from Company 2 is difficult/unlikely
Reason for dilemma: Just in case the CIC thinks that for, for instance, for the primary NOC, the experience letter does not align with NOC requirements, they may find the 3+ experience under secondary NOC good enough.

Does it work like this?