+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Nail the Challenge of Getting Reference Letter from Current Employer!!

May 31, 2017
Hello all,

I resigned from my job after the ITA and requested my company to issue an experience certificate which they have issued recently. However, it is in a different format than the template provided here and it doesn't mention the 'no of hours per week', 'reporting manager', 'annual salary', 'duties and responsibilities' and other such fields. It's a very large organisation and it's almost impossible to get a letter again. They just issued a letter in the standard format mentioning my name, ID number, DOJ and date of resignation and the recent job title. Will this do?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Swetha

Racbil

Apr 20, 2017
Toronto
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-04-2017
Doc's Request.
16-06-2017
AOR Received.
26-06-2017
Med's Done....
27-05-2017
Passport Req..
12-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2017
LANDED..........
09-02-2018
Hello all,

I resigned from my job after the ITA and requested my company to issue an experience certificate which they have issued recently. However, it is in a different format than the template provided here and it doesn't mention the 'no of hours per week', 'reporting manager', 'annual salary', 'duties and responsibilities' and other such fields. It's a very large organisation and it's almost impossible to get a letter again. They just issued a letter in the standard format mentioning my name, ID number, DOJ and date of resignation and the recent job title. Will this do?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Swetha
Along with this, you will need a notarized reference letter from your Manager/Colleague with all the details missing in the experience certificate.Also, include scanned copy of Business card and Company ID of the person providing you the letter.

May 31, 2017
Along with this, you will need a notarized reference letter from your Manager/Colleague with all the details missing in the experience certificate.Also, include scanned copy of Business card and Company ID of the person providing you the letter.
Thank you. I worked in another company from 2011-2013. Do I have to do something for that company as well? I have an Experience letter from them too.

May 31, 2017
I'd also like to know two more things:

1. My husband has been working in the family business (for his father) for about 6 years now.So can he just take an experience letter from his father on the company letterhead? Will that suffice? He doesn't have any salary slips as such.

2. My husband also has two start-ups. He is the Proprietor in one case (Proprietorship firm) and a Director in another case (Pvt Ltd company). In case of the proprietorship, will a letter from any one of his clients suffice?Will it suffice if we provide the letter of incorporation in the case of the Pvt Ltd company??

PS: I'm the primary applicant.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Swetha

bossofbees

Star Member
Jan 10, 2017
NOC Code......
Hi all,
Apart from work experience letter what are other required documents? My manager has signed the letter that I created as per the required format It includes my name, position, date of joining, salary, duties and responsibilities, working hours per week, full time employment status etc
Do I need to include contract, paystubs etc?

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do we have to notarize the e-mail trails shown as proof? I have the ref letter without working hours. however, I've got the working hours stated in two letters signed by my colleague and supervisor which I've got notarized as well.

I have the emails from my HR department which states that it is against company policy to state the working hours on the company letter head. further, the HR manager has also mentioned the working hours in one of the mails. my question is can I just show the emails as it is, or do I have to get them notarized.

Shivanker

Feb 19, 2017
Sri Lanka
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do we have to notarize the e-mail trails shown as proof? I have the ref letter without working hours. however, I've got the working hours stated in two letters signed by my colleague and supervisor which I've got notarized as well.

I have the emails from my HR department which states that it is against company policy to state the working hours on the company letter head. further, the HR manager has also mentioned the working hours in one of the mails. my question is can I just show the emails as it is, or do I have to get them notarized.
Anyone?

May 31, 2017
Hello,

It seems impossible to get a letter even from my manager/ colleague since they say the HR has to be contacted for such purposes. What can I do?

Regards,
Swetha

Jain1982

Apr 22, 2017
Need help from seniors:

Are below responsibilities good enough to qualify for NOC 0213 -Computers and Information System Managers ?

Currently working - IT Account Manager – IT MNC (5+ years - India).
Total experience: 11 + years.Full time employee – 45 hrs / week

1.Meet with clients to gather project requirements. Finalizes services contracts including Scope of Work & SLAs with clients.
2.Manages project resources in creating plan, implementation & maintenance of IT solution. Provides directions to the project team on daily basis.
3.Controls the scope, cost, budget & contractual deliverables of the key projects.
4.Conduct interviews and facilitate teams in recruiting skilled staff. Provide feedback to senior management on the performance of engineers.
5.Mentor engineers to enhance their technical competency, and ensures cross functional trainings for them.
6.Develops and implements procedures with Technology Partners to manage critical IT system operations.
7.Planning, organizing and controlling IT system support operations. Act as single interface with the clients for readiness and execution of IT operations.
8.Assess service levels of client's IT maintenance operations. Direct teams to implement action plans for improving service quality.

Education : Bachelor of Tech. (Electronics & Communications); MBA

sunny22

Jun 25, 2017
Could you please tell if gap between two jobs is acceptable .I have total work experience of 8 + years. during this time ,i worked for two companies which did not give me appointment + experience letter. Can I show gap for that period? I think maximum points we get for foreign experience is for 3 years only.

and what should i show that I did during that gap period.

Moreover ,after my graduation ,i worked for an employer as a trainee engineer and got stipend.later they took me to their rolls . Will the six months traing experience count?

thebestapplicant

Mar 26, 2017
Boston, MA
NOC Code......
Hi,

I need a little bit of help with my case here,

I have worked at 4 places until now,

1. As a Data Analyst for 1.5 years back in my home country
2. As a Data Analyst Intern in the US for a period of 8 months
3. Data Analytics Teaching Assistant - 4 months PT
4. Data Manager- 6 months and counting

For the first job I was paid in cash and it wasn't a lot as the employer paid just enough to support my everyday needs. Does the salary have an impact on the application ?

Secondly, would it make sense to get a reference letter from all the employers that I've worked for or should I just let go of the once where I worked short term (2 & 3)

Lastly, the manager of my second job has left the company, so what would be the best work around for the reference letter ?

Thanks

Last edited:

stepover

Star Member
Mar 26, 2017
Hello guys, please I need help on this.

If you work in a family business, can your father (company owner) or brother (company manager) sign your employment reference letter for the company? Is this OK?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2017
Hi All,
Just have a query regarding letter of reference from previous employers.
I have total of 10 years of exp and below is the break up.

Employment From To LOR obtained Reason
Company1 Aug-07 Feb-08 No Not Providing LOR to ex- employee over 1 year of Duration
Company2 Mar-08 Apr-09 No Not Providing LOR to ex- employee over 1 year of Duration
Company3 Jun-09 Jul-11 Yes
Company4 Jul-11 Jan-16 Yes
Company5 Jan-16 Till Date Yes

Note : I tried reaching my managers from company 1 and company 2 but none of them is still working with them. So now there is no one whom i can approach for these two organisation.

Please let me know what should i do to obtain letter from these 2 organisations.
Is there any alternative for this?

Jul 3, 2017
Dear All,

I am just starting out with my application to the express entry pool. I need your help in some of the quries below:

1) I am double masters in Finance (M.Com and MBE) from Delhi university. In my CES evaluation I have been given "two Post graduate diplomas (One year)".

But I started my career as research analyst and worked for 5 years in this field before changing my profession. Currently I am working as an accountant in a company in Dubai for last 1.5 years.

Now if i apply currently I guess I can just show my experience for 1 year as my second year will only complete in November 2017. That means my total work experience shown will be only 1 year where as I do have a lot more corporate work experience.
But, Will showing my research experience help me in any way? Infact, is it even possible to show the research experience in any way in my application?

thanks.
SG

rbisrakhia

Star Member
Jul 3, 2017
INDIA
Category........
FSW
Hi All,

My company does not provide reference letter on the letter head in desired format so I had my letter signed by my Manager on A4 size sheet and attached his company visiting card with the letter.

But i forgot to mention about the reason "why i could not get on companies letter head" in Letter of Explanation.

Do you people think it is a matter of concern.

My roles were stated in the reference letter provided but I just forgot to mention it IN LoE.

My AOR is 1st July 2017

Thanks