+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

MyCIC link application issue

Mnpatel228

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
If i link my application with mycic then will i get information through e mail or not. And whenever they request for passport, should it be asked through mycic only and no email.

Jun 18, 2016
How could you succeed to leave city of birth blank by taping just a space, i tried the same way but didn't continue because of missing city of birth field. I didn't work with me at all

NzCanadian1

Aug 1, 2017
I can confirm that the below advice still applies. I tried twice to link my PR application in CIC and it said it couldn't find anything when I was typing in the UCI and Application number. I used application number and Family name, did not include the passport details, and indicated 2 persons on the application (event though on our paper one we said 1) and it worked! Thank you for the tips everyone:)

#4Aug 13, 2016 at 12:02 PM
bsz said:
I have issues linking my parents PGP application to my MyCIC. I use UCI and application number and also give the same answers to where they intend to reside as per the application but it fails to find the application and after 5 times locks me out for 24 hours.
Anyone had success with this?

Link your application with PA information . Keep passport information blank (do not fill them ), in the last question ( i think that it is about the number of person to be sponsored enter number 2 ). This the best way to link your application to the My

JJCHS

Aug 3, 2016
Thanks to your advise I was able to link my application.

Criteria used:

File# and last name
City: Same city I've entered in the application
City and Province where they intend to reside: Same (application)
Number of person to be sponsored enter number: We were 6 (family of 4 plus 2 parents). I was trying 6 and nothing. Today I've tried 4 and it worked.

tarekahf

Sep 1, 2017
Thank you so much. The above link was so helpful. The only difference is that I had to enter the City of Birth as per the submitted application. Also, the total number of persons is "2" me the sponsor, and the wife. I thought the number is "1". I didn't enter passport details. All other details are copy/paste from the email confirmation or the application.

Tarek

Reactions: Maryam.issam

immigrant7

Aug 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo -> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-MAY-2012
AOR Received.
27-AUG-2012
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
27-AUG-2012
Med's Request
29-OCT-2012
Med's Done....
05-NOV-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
11-SEP-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-OCT-2013
LANDED..........
19-OCT-2013
I tried for my friend.

I mailed to questions@cic.gc.ca and they request to fill out some form.
call agents do not know what to do.
so I gave up.

I found some of members have same issue and no one successfully linked their file to CIC account.
There are many in this forum, who had succesfully linked the application to MyCIC... including me...

Alec48

Sep 6, 2017
Hi all,

I was just wondering regarding the linking of my application. It says in the email that my account should be linked within seven calendar days. But I just discovered this blog today and I think today is the seventh calendar day. I already exceeded the number of failed tries within the day. Does this mean I cannot link my application on Canada.ca account anymore on the succeeding days?

Thanks in advance.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hi all,

I was just wondering regarding the linking of my application. It says in the email that my account should be linked within seven calendar days. But I just discovered this blog today and I think today is the seventh calendar day. I already exceeded the number of failed tries within the day. Does this mean I cannot link my application on Canada.ca account anymore on the succeeding days?

Thanks in advance.
No, you can link anytime throughout the process, and linking is not mandatory, so don't panic.

rusoutdacuts

Aug 4, 2017
I used family name and uci. LEAVE BOTH CITY OF BIRTH AND COUNTRY OF ORGIN BLANK this worked for me. THANK GOD FOR THESE FORUMS. THANK YOU ALL YOU ARE ALL LIVE SAVERS!

cap_mn

Nov 4, 2017
Hello,

Thank you everyone for your help. I was able to successfully link my application yesterday after a failed attempt the previous day. I am a Canadian Citizen sponsoring my wife who is living in another country.

Here explains how I did:

* I chose permanent residency & family class (spouses)
* I chose Application Number & UCI number
* I exactly entered my wife's birthplace city/town & country. It was something like "ABCDEF, KLMN" then chose the country from drop-down menu.

Please be aware that it is case sensitive. If you put all capital letters in your application OR all simple standard letters OR mix of them OR with comma with a space OR without space, YOU HAVE TO ENTER EXACTLY how you filled your application.

* I did not enter any information for passport
* I entered her city she is going to live here in Canada; province, city as what I told them in the application
* & of course the marital status - married
* Last - VERY IMPORTANT - NUMBER OF APPLICANTS: 2. "NOT 1" When I talked to the agent he told me to put "one" but he was wrong.:D

Best wishes on your sponsorship! :p:p:p

Abayomi1111

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Hello,
I'm having the same issues too, been trying to link my application since 3 dasy ago all to no avail. im just getting frustrated. I filled everything correctly, my application is a Conjugal Partnership Application Outland.

Anyone with more tips. I've tried to tap the space bar once for the city of birth but is not seems to be working. the system keep requesting for it.

arjunjoshi89

Mar 29, 2017
Hello, I am not able to link my paper application to cic account. I already received file number. It is for permanent residence- Provincial nominee program. I filled everything correct as per paper form but every time it is "not found error". Is it case sensitive for city/town? Should it needs to enter in caps? What is the best way to link it? If city/town name written like ---> abc xyz then should I need put same way? or should I need to put comma in between? I appreciate reply.

Maryam.issam

Oct 14, 2017
Jordan
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bucharest
App. Filed.......
19/04/2017
Doc's Request.
26/05/2017
AOR Received.
26/04/2017
File Transfer...
17/07/2017
Med's Request
09/06/2017
Med's Done....
11/06/2017
Interview........
No need
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
N/A
I used family name and uci. LEAVE BOTH CITY OF BIRTH AND COUNTRY OF ORGIN BLANK this worked for me. THANK GOD FOR THESE FORUMS. THANK YOU ALL YOU ARE ALL LIVE SAVERS!
But it didn’t work ,, i was try thousands times