+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My wife visitor visa refused

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
today my wife's visitor visa has been refused only after one day of applying.

Details:

I am a student in a designated Canadian institution which eligible for PGWP
I invited my wife to come and visit me for 2 weeks as I was away from her for 4 months now and because of my study I will not be able to see her till the next four months.
her visa was refused based on the following three points.

1- • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

2- • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

3- • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

and she applied the following documents
- Bank statement with CAD $26,000
- Property with her name
- letter from her employer stating her monthly salary of CAD $3,700.
- Evidence of owner of physiotherapy clinic (she owns a physiotherapy clinic, but she is not working there).
- My invitation letter.
- Presented her tie to her job and her family (old father and mother).

However, she forgot to attach my Canadian documents with her application (my bank account, proof of address, SIN, and school documents), do you thinks that caused the visa refusal?

can you please tell me what you think the reasons are and what we can do to make it right? and do you think it is wise this time I apply for her (sponsorship) as she is my wife and I am eligible (PGWP) to bring her over. and how long we have to wait to apply again for a visitor visa if it is (more appropriate) or (spouse visa) if this one this time is more appropriate?

Last edited:

sendtomaddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022

Details:

I invited my wife to come and visit me for 2 weeks as I was away from her for 4 months now and because of my study I will not be able to see her till the next four months.

1- • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

2- • Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

3- • The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

- Property with her name
- letter from her employer stating her monthly salary of CAD $263200.
- Evidence of owner of physiotherapy clinic (she owns a physiotherapy clinic, but she is not working there).
- My invitation letter.

However, she forgot to attach my Canadian documents with her application (my bank account, proof of address, SIN, and school documents), do you thinks that caused the visa refusal?

can you please tell me what you think the reasons are and what we can do to make it right? and do you think it is wise this time I apply for her (sponsorship) as she is my wife and I am eligible (PGWP) to bring her over. and how long we have to wait to apply again for a visitor visa if it is (more appropriate) or (spouse visa) if this one this time is more appropriate?
Apply for GCMS notes and then reconsideration via webform

Reactions: mariwan86

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021

Details:

- Property with her name
- My invitation letter.

Since you are on a study permit the ideal application for your wife to come and stay with you would be a spouse open work permit and not a visitor visa

Regardless, yes missing out attaching your documents is part reason. Another part is her employment. If she is running a business then you must show proof of establishment, tax returns for the same and funds .

You can try reconsideration but a SOWP is the right visa for your wife.

Good Luck

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Details:

- Property with her name
- My invitation letter.

As a student you have the ability to apply for an OWP but it isn’t guaranteed. Is the 26k your total family funds or just her funds? Is that going to support your studies? You mention she owns a physio clinic but doesn’t work there. Does she have another job? If so is that longterm good employment? Does that require she be in the office. The issue with owning a physio clinic where she doesn’t work doesn’t provide strong ties. What type of property does she own? Is it the physio clinic or does she own a home and live in it? Her family ties to her spouse are stronger that to her parents. Do her parents have any other children living in the country? Other family? Are they able to care for themselves or is she their caregiver? If she is the only one caring for them and they are dependent on her then that could be relevant. Are you recently married? If so, that could be the reason for concern. Your home country can also impact TRV approval. If there has been a large number of people overstaying their visas or claiming asylum from your home country that leads to more concern.

You’ll need to apply for a new TRV not for reconsideration. You can apply as soon as you want but your best bet would be to see the GCMS notes so you can address the concerns IRCC brings up in the GCMS notes. Given your timeframe it will likely take too long to receive GCMS notes because they are taking 60-90 days to receive these days.

Reactions: mariwan86

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
As a student you have the ability to apply for an OWP but it isn’t guaranteed. Is the 26k your total family funds or just her funds? Is that going to support your studies? You mention she owns a physio clinic but doesn’t work there. Does she have another job? If so is that longterm good employment? Does that require she be in the office. The issue with owning a physio clinic where she doesn’t work doesn’t provide strong ties. What type of property does she own? Is it the physio clinic or does she own a home and live in it? Her family ties to her spouse are stronger that to her parents. Do her parents have any other children living in the country? Other family? Are they able to care for themselves or is she their caregiver? If she is the only one caring for them and they are dependent on her then that could be relevant. Are you recently married? If so, that could be the reason for concern. Your home country can also impact TRV approval. If there has been a large number of people overstaying their visas or claiming asylum from your home country that leads to more concern.

You’ll need to apply for a new TRV not for reconsideration. You can apply as soon as you want but your best bet would be to see the GCMS notes so you can address the concerns IRCC brings up in the GCMS notes. Given your timeframe it will likely take too long to receive GCMS notes because they are taking 60-90 days to receive these days.
Hello dear canuck78, and thank you for answering and taking interest in my case, really paariciate it

To answer your question properly I will take them one by one

1- Is the 26k your total family funds or just her funds? Is that going to support your studies?

Answer: it is just her finds and under her bank account statement, and she dose not support my study.

2- You mention she owns a physio clinic but doesn’t work there. Does she have another job?
Answer: yes she is working as a head of physiotherapy department in hospital and she get $47,000 per year and we provided support letter from the hospital. and the hospital mentioning in the support letter her salary, her position, her duties and the permetion to visit me in Canada for two weeks.

3- What type of property does she own? Is it the physio clinic or does she own a home and live in it?
she own her personal home and we provided evidences and all evedences are translated to english and notarized.

4- Her family ties to her spouse are stronger that to her parents.
I did not get this one!!!

5- Do her parents have any other children living in the country?
they have one sone living in the same country and one sister living in Europe. and no other family.

6- Are they able to care for themselves or is she their caregiver?
they can take care of them selves, but they are old 75 and 73 years old, and they have multiple chronic diseases.

7- Are you recently married?
no we been marred since 2018

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello dear canuck78, and thank you for answering and taking interest in my case, really paariciate it

To answer your question properly I will take them one by one

1- Is the 26k your total family funds or just her funds? Is that going to support your studies?

Answer: it is just her finds and under her bank account statement, and she dose not support my study.

2- You mention she owns a physio clinic but doesn’t work there. Does she have another job?
Answer: yes she is working as a head of physiotherapy department in hospital and she get $47,000 per year and we provided support letter from the hospital. and the hospital mentioning in the support letter her salary, her position, her duties and the permetion to visit me in Canada for two weeks.

3- What type of property does she own? Is it the physio clinic or does she own a home and live in it?
she own her personal home and we provided evidences and all evedences are translated to english and notarized.

4- Her family ties to her spouse are stronger that to her parents.
I did not get this one!!!

5- Do her parents have any other children living in the country?
they have one sone living in the same country and one sister living in Europe. and no other family.

6- Are they able to care for themselves or is she their caregiver?
they can take care of them selves, but they are old 75 and 73 years old, and they have multiple chronic diseases.

7- Are you recently married?
no we been marred since 2018
She has a pretty strong file. Has she ever applied to immigrate or study/work abroad? Perhaps it is due to the country you are from? Is there a high rate of emigration from your home country? She has a good job so that shouldn’t be the issue? How long are your studies?

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
She has a pretty strong file. Has she ever applied to immigrate or study/work abroad? Perhaps it is due to the country you are from? Is there a high rate of emigration from your home country? She has a good job so that shouldn’t be the issue? How long are your studies?
Yes she studied her master's in Cyprus for two years, and regarding to immigration rate, yes I guess the rate is high. I am in Canada as a student since November 2022.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes she studied her master's in Cyprus for two years, and regarding to immigration rate, yes I guess the rate is high. I am in Canada as a student since November 2022.
Did your studies start in January? When did she apply for her TRV? If you applied at the beginning of your studies then it seems as she is trying to join you in Canada. How long is your program? Is it a masters or PhD? When did she finish her masters? Was there a reason she traveled to Cyprus to study? Did she try to remain in Europe?

mariwan86

Feb 15, 2023
Did your studies start in January? When did she apply for her TRV? If you applied at the beginning of your studies then it seems as she is trying to join you in Canada. How long is your program? Is it a masters or PhD? When did she finish her masters? Was there a reason she traveled to Cyprus to study? Did she try to remain in Europe?
Yes my study started in 3rd of January. She applied on 14 of February. My program is 2 year business management diploma. She finished her master in 2019. The reason for studying master in cyprus because that particular program was available their and not in her country. No she never wanted, even she got a german visa but because of her study at the time she couldn’t go there and she contacted the german embassy and informed them that she can not go because of her studies.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes my study started in 3rd of January. She applied on 14 of February. My program is 2 year business management diploma. She finished her master in 2019. The reason for studying master in cyprus because that particular program was available their and not in her country. No she never wanted, even she got a german visa but because of her study at the time she couldn’t go there and she contacted the german embassy and informed them that she can not go because of her studies.
Since she applied to visit you so soon after you started your studies there is likely concern that she isn’t truly planning on visiting she is wanting to relocate to Canada. The fact that she recently studied abroad (due to Covid when there wasn’t a lot of studying abroad her studies would be considered quite recent) and the fact that she did apply and get a German work visa she has shown interest in relocating abroad. Is your degree a postgrad college degree? What is your previous work and education history (brief overview). The postgrad college business degrees tend to be taken by people wanting to settle in Canada so it is somewhat assumed that your wife will want to relocate to Canada. Is that your plan? If so, does she want to come to Cahada permanently?