+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My visa is approved and received LOI, but not the request to submit my passport. What should I do???

Joyal629

Nov 12, 2023
So, I filed my application for a (student) visa online on Sept 13, 2023, and it was approved on Oct 3, 2023. But upon receiving back my stamped visa I found that the expiry date mentioned in the visa was April 2023. And since my course is of two-year duration, I figured that there has been some kind of mistake in the expiry mentioned. I raised a couple of web forms and contacted the Delhi immigration office (I live in India) via email mentioning this error.

A week after I was notified that my existing (stamped) visa had been canceled and a request to submit the original passport again to rectify this error would be soon sent, I also received a new and updated LOI mentioning the extended visa expiry date. Now it has been around two weeks since I have heard from or received a message in my IRCC account. The account mentions that my visa is approved and I need to send my original passport to confirm this decision. However, to do that I need the document requesting my original passport.

So I wanted to know if I could submit my passport with just the updated LOI or if are there any other options I could avail. I have also raised a few web forms addressing this particular issue of not receiving a request to submit my passport. The time for my travel is approaching soon and I fear I won't be allowed entry into the country.

Alam5675

Jan 2, 2024
So, I filed my application for a (student) visa online on Sept 13, 2023, and it was approved on Oct 3, 2023. But upon receiving back my stamped visa I found that the expiry date mentioned in the visa was April 2023. And since my course is of two-year duration, I figured that there has been some kind of mistake in the expiry mentioned. I raised a couple of web forms and contacted the Delhi immigration office (I live in India) via email mentioning this error.

A week after I was notified that my existing (stamped) visa had been canceled and a request to submit the original passport again to rectify this error would be soon sent, I also received a new and updated LOI mentioning the extended visa expiry date. Now it has been around two weeks since I have heard from or received a message in my IRCC account. The account mentions that my visa is approved and I need to send my original passport to confirm this decision. However, to do that I need the document requesting my original passport.

So I wanted to know if I could submit my passport with just the updated LOI or if are there any other options I could avail. I have also raised a few web forms addressing this particular issue of not receiving a request to submit my passport. The time for my travel is approaching soon and I fear I won't be allowed entry into the country.
Is your issue solved?