Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
Hi All,

My TRV application has been approved. I received the VISA now. I am so happy that the embassy here in Manila is quite fast.
My application was processed in just 5 working days (its 10 working days in the website)
Below is my timeline:

Documents were picked up: February 13, 2013
Visa Stamp in Passport: February 19, 2013
Delivery of the Documents with Visa: February 25, 2013

I have a relative in Canada and I had invitation from him. I provided his immigration status there, his NOA, his savings account.
I am the other hand, provided the following:

Forms specified in the website (TRV form with barcode, Family Info Form, TRV-Schedule1 Form and Supplementary Info Form)
Condominium Reservation to show that even though I have no property yet in my name, I had began paying monthly amortization for my soon-to-be condo)
My Personal Life Insurance Policy, Group Policy Insurance from my employer and Retirement Plan.
Employment letter, job description, annual salary, authorized leave credits and authorized leave dates.
Latest Employment Appraisal Report
Payslips for the last three months
Income Tax Return for 2011 and 2012
Certificates of Training last year
Online registration of the certification exam approved by my immediate supervisor showing that I will take an exam here in the home country after my visit to Canada.
Apartment Rental Agreement with my landlord.
Old Passport showing my previous travel
Proof of funds (estimated at 7,200 CAD savings, 500 CAD checking and payroll accounts)
Retirement papers of my father to show that I will go back to bond with my dad since he is a retiree

To those who are also waiting for their VISAs, just pray and believe that you will get it.
Plan, prepare and submit your applications with confidence and everything will be fine.
Thanks to everyone who helped me in this forum.

GODBLESS US ALL!!

iamkaori

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
Oh by the way, just a question, in my application, I said that I will visit Canada on March 25, 2013 - April 10, 2013.
Will it be fine if I will not follow what was stated in my application?
My VISA has expiry of August 20, 2013. Can I just enter Canada whenever I want before that date? Or officer in the port of entry will check what I stated in my application?.. hmmm.. just wondering!!

Thanks for your help everyone.. :D

hks11

Star Member
Jul 12, 2010
You are fine to travel on any dates, I travelled a month later from the date I stated in my application.

ragluf

Champion Member
Feb 15, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iamkaori said:
Oh by the way, just a question, in my application, I said that I will visit Canada on March 25, 2013 - April 10, 2013.
Will it be fine if I will not follow what was stated in my application?
My VISA has expiry of August 20, 2013. Can I just enter Canada whenever I want before that date? Or officer in the port of entry will check what I stated in my application?.. hmmm.. just wondering!!

Thanks for your help everyone.. :D
You should travel to/enter Canada before the expiry of the visa. And please put ample time between your travel date and the expiry of the visa, do not wait until a few weeks before the expiry of your visa to make your travel.

You do not have to explicitly follow the travel dates you specified in your application, but prepare a quick explanation why your travel plans were changed should you be asked questions at the immigration port-of-entry.

/good luck...

imade ishaya

Apr 9, 2012
iamkaori said:
Hi All,

My TRV application has been approved. I received the VISA now. I am so happy that the embassy here in Manila is quite fast.
My application was processed in just 5 working days (its 10 working days in the website)
Below is my timeline:

Documents were picked up: February 13, 2013
Visa Stamp in Passport: February 19, 2013
Delivery of the Documents with Visa: February 25, 2013

I have a relative in Canada and I had invitation from him. I provided his immigration status there, his NOA, his savings account.
I am the other hand, provided the following:

Forms specified in the website (TRV form with barcode, Family Info Form, TRV-Schedule1 Form and Supplementary Info Form)
Condominium Reservation to show that even though I have no property yet in my name, I had began paying monthly amortization for my soon-to-be condo)
My Personal Life Insurance Policy, Group Policy Insurance from my employer and Retirement Plan.
Employment letter, job description, annual salary, authorized leave credits and authorized leave dates.
Latest Employment Appraisal Report
Payslips for the last three months
Income Tax Return for 2011 and 2012
Certificates of Training last year
Online registration of the certification exam approved by my immediate supervisor showing that I will take an exam here in the home country after my visit to Canada.
Apartment Rental Agreement with my landlord.
Old Passport showing my previous travel
Proof of funds (estimated at 7,200 CAD savings, 500 CAD checking and payroll accounts)
Retirement papers of my father to show that I will go back to bond with my dad since he is a retiree

To those who are also waiting for their VISAs, just pray and believe that you will get it.
Plan, prepare and submit your applications with confidence and everything will be fine.
Thanks to everyone who helped me in this forum.

GODBLESS US ALL!!

iamkaori

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
thank you so much for all your replies..
I can still shop for cheaper tickets.. :D

iamcherrie

Star Member
Apr 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
next week!!
thanks ouile01.

Another question, in my initial app, I said that I will be visiting ON without disclosing that I will also visit SK. Is it fine if I land to SK instead and never go to ON?
Thanks a lot!

iamkaori

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
Hi cherry,

we are on the same boat.
Can somebody help us figure it out?

I also said I will visit ON in my application but my circumstance changed and I want to visit AB instead.
Will that be fine?

Thanks to everyone for your replies!

TOAidy

Star Member
Feb 27, 2013
Toronto, ON
Perfectly fine. Enjoy your trip!

iamcherrie said:
thanks ouile01.

Another question, in my initial app, I said that I will be visiting ON without disclosing that I will also visit SK. Is it fine if I land to SK instead and never go to ON?
Thanks a lot!

iamkaori

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
Many thanks TOAidy.. :D

pratapkafle

Feb 22, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2013
Med's Request
13-02-2013
Med's Done....
22-02-2013
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2013
Did you receive the approval email or you knew you got your visa only after seeing stamping in your passport? Please share.

iamkaori

Star Member
Feb 3, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Vegreville
NOC Code......
Open Work Permit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-11-2013
hi pratapkafle,

I did not receive an email from CIC.
I just received the package unexpectedly.
My visa has an approval date of 2/19/2013, but the package was returned to me on 2/25/2013.

Monzur

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Dear friends, my wife doing her PhD at Canada. I want to visit her. I would highly appreciate if you can provide some information on below questions:

a) Do I need to buy air ticket (including return ticket) at the time of applying for TRV?
b) While boarding in the plane do airline /immigration want to see return air ticket? I read some forum mentioning about that but I want to make sure.
c) At Port of entry (POE) in Canada do they want to see return ticket?