+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My study permit has been approved ;) [GOOD NEWS]

fung510513

Oct 24, 2012
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/i-hope-someone-can-help-me-t157322.0.html

I was still wondering whether if I can attend to class in University without my study permit. Since I thought my study permit will be processed about 2 months, but what surprised me is it only takes about 10 days, and said my study permit has been approved.

- Apply on July 27th
- Inland Application (transfer my visitor visa to study permit)
- Mailed to LOS ANGELES CIC office

aarturr92

Apr 20, 2013
hi there.

I am in exactly same situation (visitor->student) but I've applied in Poland because I had read on the internet, that it takes much time in LA... Now I am waiting and I am affraid. becauase I didn't attach any letter of explanation to my application and I showed only 1 year tuition + 1 year living expenses and I am wondering if they could reject my application because of that... How was it in your case ? May I know how much money did you show them and whether you sent any letter of explanation with your application?

dipta

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2013
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Onlline 09-04-2013
File Transfer...
09-04-2013
Med's Request
21-04-2013
Med's Done....
22-04-2013
Passport Req..
07-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-05-2013
LANDED..........
24-08-2013
Congratulations. I think you have to get the study permit first and then attend classes.

fung510513

Oct 24, 2012
aarturr92 said:
hi there.

I am in exactly same situation (visitor->student) but I've applied in Poland because I had read on the internet, that it takes much time in LA... Now I am waiting and I am affraid. becauase I didn't attach any letter of explanation to my application and I showed only 1 year tuition + 1 year living expenses and I am wondering if they could reject my application because of that... How was it in your case ? May I know how much money did you show them and whether you sent any letter of explanation with your application?
I pretty much turned over everything to my consultant to help me do it. He told me to pay the tuition fee first in order to get the receipt and prove that I'm going to study and not wandering around in Canada. Then I also provide an additional 200,000 RMB as my sufficient funds, a proof of my Step-father sponsor #He's a Canadian citizen, and he told me to write something about the reasons of choosing Canada to study. So he neaten up everything and mailed it to LA on 26 and mail arrived there on 27.

fung510513

Oct 24, 2012
I'm hoping that my immigrant application can be approved later soon. :'( The tuition fee of international student is very expensive, it's like double to triple more than domestic students