+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My study permit expires on 8/31 and I fly back to Canada on 8/30

monty1005

Aug 13, 2012
Is this possible?
I left Canada 2 months ago for vacation without realizing that my study permit expires soon.
I found over the internet about how people re-apply for study permit within Canada if it expires soon,
but I couldn't find cases about when they are outside Canada when they re-apply for study permit.
I am a South Korean living in Japan with permanent residency status.
Any sort of help is appreciated.

ragz306

Aug 19, 2011
jalandhar,punjab
Visa Office......
VFS-chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
IELTS Request
6.0 BAND
Med's Done....
yes
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
bs pohnch gye smjho :D
Hi Monty,
My case is also kinda same. I also came back in June,2012 and my current Study Permit expires on 31 August, 2012. But I am applying from here my home country. My case is genuine. So in my case I can get the extention till the end of my course.

I have also heard that if we fly the day before or even two days before the expiration of Study Permit, then that person is taken seriously at the Immigration. (This is what I heard from some people here in forum, I don't know whether it is true or not.)

monty1005

Aug 13, 2012
ragz306 said:
Hi Monty,
My case is also kinda same. I also came back in June,2012 and my current Study Permit expires on 31 August, 2012. But I am applying from here my home country. My case is genuine. So in my case I can get the extention till the end of my course.

I have also heard that if we fly the day before or even two days before the expiration of Study Permit, then that person is taken seriously at the Immigration. (This is what I heard from some people here in forum, I don't know whether it is true or not.)
hi ragz
i am still waiting on my caq, so that i can apply for study permit extension.
if i have applied for study permit extension prior to flying to canada on the 30th,
is that an acceptable re-entry?

ragz306

Aug 19, 2011
jalandhar,punjab
Visa Office......
VFS-chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-10-2011
IELTS Request
6.0 BAND
Med's Done....
yes
VISA ISSUED...
19-10-2011
LANDED..........
bs pohnch gye smjho :D
No Monty I don't think so. Why don't you go a little early like 25th or the day next to it. May be its easier then and after that you can go to your Uni or College and apply for Extension.

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
monty1005 said:
Is this possible?
I left Canada 2 months ago for vacation without realizing that my study permit expires soon.
I found over the internet about how people re-apply for study permit within Canada if it expires soon,
but I couldn't find cases about when they are outside Canada when they re-apply for study permit.
I am a South Korean living in Japan with permanent residency status.
Any sort of help is appreciated.
1. You have to be in Canada to extend your SP at CPC Vegreville.
2. If you return to Canada prior to the expiry, then you apply to extend your SP to CPC Vegreville.
3. You require a valid CAQ if you are studying in Quebec.

monty1005

Aug 13, 2012
Inam89 said:
1. You have to be in Canada to extend your SP at CPC Vegreville.
2. If you return to Canada prior to the expiry, then you apply to extend your SP to CPC Vegreville.
3. You require a valid CAQ if you are studying in Quebec.
do i have to enter canada few days before study permit expiry? or can i enter canada the day before expiry

Inam89

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Yes
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
Yes
monty1005 said:
do i have to enter canada few days before study permit expiry? or can i enter canada the day before expiry
You have to enter Canada few days before the expiry of your SP so that you get time to prepare your case and apply for SP renewal before the expiry of the existing one. If you enter a day before the expiry then you won't have time to apply for renewal before the expiry of the existing one and hence, CBSA official MAY give you tough time.