May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
That was great. Could anyone here explain what this mail i just received from British Council in Nigeria. I am very nervous right now!

Dear Candidate,
Your IELTS result will not be ready for collection thirteen (13) days after your test date.
Due to inconsistency in your test scores, your scripts had to be sent for a remark and the final result is being expected.
We expect to have a final result by the end of next week and it will be sent via courier to the address stated on your test application form.
Warm Regards

Adroit

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ojooluseguno said:
That was great. Could anyone here explain what this mail i just received from British Council in Nigeria. I am very nervous right now!

Dear Candidate,
Your IELTS result will not be ready for collection thirteen (13) days after your test date.
Due to inconsistency in your test scores, your scripts had to be sent for a remark and the final result is being expected.
We expect to have a final result by the end of next week and it will be sent via courier to the address stated on your test application form.
Warm Regards
what my guess is that you may got good scores in listening, reading and writing but got poor score in speaking. they doubt that someone else attempted your listening, reading and writing.

this is wt i think, pls correct me when you get your ielts score.

regards

Adroit

ojooluseguno

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
Thanks for your response. I am sure that I did extremely well in the Listening and Reading test and was comfortable with the writing. Though, not too sure about the speaking because i was ill and the examiner was not friendly at all. She was too hostile in look and speech! The room was so hot to the extent that i was profusely sweating . The also examined me in a sequent that was different from what I read.

After the speaking test, I had it in mind that I will appeal for my result if I am not comfortable with it.

Most likely, that may be where the wide margin would have come from. Do you think this might make them adjust the mark downwards?

Adroit

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ojooluseguno said:
Thanks for your response. I am sure that I did extremely well in the Listening and Reading test and was comfortable with the writing. Though, not too sure about the speaking because i was ill and the examiner was not friendly at all. She was too hostile in look and speech! The room was so hot to the extent that i was profusely sweating . The also examined me in a sequent that was different from what I read.

After the speaking test, I had it in mind that I will appeal for my result if I am not comfortable with it.

Most likely, that may be where the wide margin would have come from. Do you think this might make them adjust the mark downwards?
my friend u r from Nigeria. unfortunately Nigeria doesn't enjoy good reputation (sorry for that but this is ture). i guess they doubt that someone else attempted your IELTS Listening, Reading and Writing, and due to one on one Speaking test u cannot send someone else to do your speaking and they do check your ID before speaking test.

This is the reson y UK, Australia and Canada accept IELTS on its face value. because of zero corruption.

ojooluseguno

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
Yea Pal, it is quite true but still unfortunate.

Besides my encounter in the speaking room, English is not my mother language. Also, it is time we woke to the reality that many people have proficiency in different areas of communication. Not all good speakers (orators) are good writers and not all good writers are good speakers.

I will wait till next week when the result would have been released.

Regards

Adroit

Jan 19, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ojooluseguno said:
Yea Pal, it is quite true but still unfortunate.

Besides my encounter in the speaking room, English is not my mother language. Also, it is time we woke to the reality that many people have proficiency in different areas of communication. Not all good speakers (orators) are good writers and not all good writers are good speakers.

I will wait till next week when the result would have been released.

Regards
agree with u my friend but its the bad reputation, because of that geniune applicants has to suffer. if u need any further help pls pm me.

Jibaba

Star Member
May 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-04-2008
Doc's Request.
30-3-2010
IELTS Request
05-05-2011 - Scored 8.0
Med's Request
20-02-2012
Med's Done....
02-03-2012
Passport Req..
11-04-2012
@ ojooluseguno...same here i wrote the last IELTS exams. was a bit scared , but i am sure i did well allrounda ..only proble was that the woman aske d me to continue speaking after pausing thinking i have said all ! i guessed i must have scored all ! lol ..so when do you want to check back at BS ..you can Pm me

loolo

Nov 24, 2010
N/A
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Sept 2011
AOR Received.
21 Dec 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon
Med's Request
31th Jan 2014
Med's Done....
15th Feb 2014
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
Dec 2014
Hello Adroit,Ojooluseguno, Jibaba,

I wrote the IELTS exam on the 7th May, I was optimistic that I will get my results by 20th May.
The reality is that I got mail that Ojooluseguno posted initally and to cap it all, I got this;

?Dear Candidate,?

?

For further clarification on the email sent to you earlier, your result is being re-assessed for fairness and there is no cause for worries. Your result may be available on the 06.06.2011?

?

Many apologies for any misunderstanding caused.?

??

?
Warm Regards?
?BC Customer Services?

?
Na so I sabi book?
Lagos

ojooluseguno

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
By the way, who knows how IELTS assesses candidate with speech disorder e.g. stammering.

I am a stammerer and suspect this could also affect my speaking scores in fluency but this does not mean I cant write, read or listen!

_696_

Nov 24, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Not yet
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Wonderful Job!!! WOOHOOO

ojooluseguno

Star Member
May 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed
Hurraaaaayyy!!!!

I just received my result.

L 8, W 8, S 8, R 7

Soooooo happpyyyy. This is a great leap!