+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My score increased by 25 points!

DianaB

Jan 24, 2015
Hello

Last Wednesday i received an email from Cic saying my profile has been updated. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my score went up by 25 points (from 413 to 438). It seems that my CRS and education points increased. Anyone else had their points increased?

Also, i received 3 emails from CIC in the past 4 months saying that my profile has been updated, and nothing changed.. So my guess if you guys received this message too is that your points will change.

D.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DianaB said:
Hello

Last Wednesday i received an email from Cic saying my profile has been updated. I was pleasantly surprised to see that my score went up by 25 points (from 413 to 438). It seems that my CRS and education points increased. Anyone else had their points increased?

Also, i received 3 emails from CIC in the past 4 months saying that my profile has been updated, and nothing changed.. So my guess if you guys received this message too is that your points will change.

D.
I'm guessing you would finish 3+ years of experience sometime this month. That explains those additional 25 points.

As for those dummy update mails, they are either system glitches or triggered by some random experiments inside CIC. They've been around from January and no one has been able to conclusively figure out why they happen when they happen.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DianaB said:
No i didnt change my profile, thats the weird part.. Lol

D.
Apologies upfront for probing further here but it could be important for all of us to figure out how you were given 25 extra points on the 1st day of the month.

1. You have overall 1.5 years of work experience. Is that accurate?

2. You did not add/update your ECA. In fact, you did not make any changes to your profile yet you were allotted 25 points.

How much of your overall work experience is inside Canada and how much of it is foreign experience?

What is your ECA summary?

Thanks for helping solve the conundrum.

vinodram

Feb 5, 2015
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottwa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Let us know, in which category you got your additional 25 points added?