+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My PGWP is going to expire in march 2018 and I am currently working in Montreal-full time.

NAYEEM549

Feb 14, 2017
My Post Graduate Work Permit is going to expire in March 2018.

I am currently working in Montreal as an Avionics Technician since September 2017(almost 3 months).

My job is full-time, permanent and in my offer letter my employer mentioned as "the Company will provide if required supporting documentation for immigration process".

Here is my query....
What is the list of documents required by the employer(LMIA for example) and documents from my side and also the steps involved in applying for the work permit?
Please help me in this matter.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Nayeem

NAYEEM549

Feb 14, 2017
Do you have CSQ and applied for PR via Quebec system?
I have not yet applied for CSQ. As my work permit is going to expire very soon(March 2018), first I would like to get work permit.
I think if I apply CSQ now, it may take 8 months to get. So, I feel I should get my work permit first. I shall apply CSQ once after settling into work permit issue. Please help me with this situation.
Thanks for your reply.

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Is the job LMIA exempt or not? If yes, the work permit process is easy. If it is not, you must hurry. Because for the employer it will take about 1 month MINIMUM to get the LMIA, en for that they need to prove that there is nobody else in Canada that can do the job.This may require advertising of the position in public forums etc. and they will need to write a letter of explanation why they want to hire you and not everyone else.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-foreign-worker/temporary/find-need-labour-market-impact-assessment.html#contact_IMWU

bradshaw

Star Member
Aug 1, 2013
Canada
App. Filed.......
25-05-2018
Is the job LMIA exempt or not? If yes, the work permit process is easy. If it is not, you must hurry. Because for the employer it will take about 1 month MINIMUM to get the LMIA, en for that they need to prove that there is nobody else in Canada that can do the job.This may require advertising of the position in public forums etc. and they will need to write a letter of explanation why they want to hire you and not everyone else.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/hire-foreign-worker/temporary/find-need-labour-market-impact-assessment.html#contact_IMWU
hi thanks for your reply. but whats the first step? how and where do i start ? can u please explain?

us1313

Apr 10, 2017
hi thanks for your reply. but whats the first step? how and where do i start ? can u please explain?
@bradshaw
Check it out: https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/obtaining-authorizations/worker-high-wage/steps-employer.html
These steps should be followed by your employer. Then, after receiving a positive/neutral LMIA and CAQ, you should apply to your work permit/visa. Depending on your nationality, you can apply at the border.

NAYEEM549

Feb 14, 2017
Can you please help me in identifying whether my job is LMIA exempt or not? I am working as an Avionics Technician.
Thank you...