newbutterfly

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Inland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I have noticed the increasing rush to create whatsapp groups by members of the forum where they go to share infomation. In my opinion, this is not very helpful especially to those who would be coming online to look for information. It is the height of selfishness because if the information on this forum was not posted by people from previous years, it wont be available to us now. Just imagine if those who had been applying for their PR between 5 to 8 years ago had decided to create a private whatsapp group, would you have had the information or knowledge you now have? I dont understand the purpose whatsapp groups satisfy that this forum doesnt. Think of those who will be applying for their PR in the future, it wont be fair for them to search the forum only to realize that the information that would have helped them was probably discussed extensively on a whatsapp group that no longer exists. Yes! I say no longer exists because as soon as whoever formed that group gets his PR, that group now becomes a nuisance to him and guess what, he will delete the group. But with this forum, continuity is somewhat guaranteed.

Post your issues and suggestions here, let us reason together and leave some help for future applicants. Let us not think of ourselves alone.

For the administrators, the more whatsapp groups you allow to be created, the less traffic or membership you get on the site. The purpose of the forum is defeated when every Tom, Dick and Harry decides to create a whatsapp group.

Just my opinion.

justez

Feb 15, 2017
I agree. WhatsApp groups should be limited to just notifying people when a PNP is open (e.g. SINP EE) so that people can apply on time considering the rush and cap (limit) allowed to apply per opening. Other than that, every other issue should be discussed on this forum for everyone to benefit including future applicants. This is my own opinion.

newbutterfly

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Inland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly my point. It is annoying entering a thread meant for OINP or SINP discussions and all you see is "add me", "add me". No discussion on anything substantial.

Antigua

May 30, 2016
I am sceptical about the whatsapp groups too. I think they are not going to get any new information from the group at this moment. No one know what is happening until ONIP officially starts sending the NOIs. Zero times a thousand is still zero.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
I agree with u. Watsapp groups show some laziness in people. SINP OID groups people just wait wait for somebody to ring a bell saying "it is open". One guy rings a bell, 1000 people go apply.

I totally agree that this is forum and we should share here