+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My minor dependent child (8y.o) did not receive a passport request and letter of introduction.

Carlos09

Aug 14, 2022
To whom it may concern,

Applied caregiver under Home support worker pilot program last 2021. Medical passed last December 2023 with biometrics November 2023 (my son did medical too but no biometrics because he is a minor).

Me and my wife Received a passport request last February 19, 2024. However, we did not receive a passport request from our 8 year old son. We submitted our passports to VFS without our sons passport.

We just receive a letter of introduction this March 11, 2024. And no letter from my son. Should I be worried? Am I expecting another email from IRCC for my child? What will happen if I dont receive an email from my Son? Please advise.

I search everywhere in the internet and it seems there is no answer with my concern.

I hope someone who is knowledgeable enough can help me.

Thank you very much.

Sophia16

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
To whom it may concern,

Applied caregiver under Home support worker pilot program last 2021. Medical passed last December 2023 with biometrics November 2023 (my son did medical too but no biometrics because he is a minor).

Me and my wife Received a passport request last February 19, 2024. However, we did not receive a passport request from our 8 year old son. We submitted our passports to VFS without our sons passport.

We just receive a letter of introduction this March 11, 2024. And no letter from my son. Should I be worried? Am I expecting another email from IRCC for my child? What will happen if I dont receive an email from my Son? Please advise.

I search everywhere in the internet and it seems there is no answer with my concern.

I hope someone who is knowledgeable enough can help me.

Thank you very much.
You didn't say whether you applied for a study permit for your son.

If you didn't, then it means you have to.

You will need to fill a study permit application form and also make the payment.

Send the study permit form, payment receipt and possibly your eligibility letter to IRCC via webform and also mail it if you have someone to assist you with it inside Canada.

You can also apply online if you know how to go about that on the portal.

Reactions: kyncar

Carlos09

Aug 14, 2022
You didn't say whether you applied for a study permit for your son.

If you didn't, then it means you have to.

You will need to fill a study permit application form and also make the payment.

Send the study permit form, payment receipt and possibly your eligibility letter to IRCC via webform and also mail it if you have someone to assist you with it inside Canada.

You can also apply online if you know how to go about that on t

The thing is that. When they requested the biometrics and medical. Ircc requested other documents (Schedule A declaration background, updated police clearance) from me and my employer (statement). But IRCC did not request anything from my son.

Its just weird because my son undergo a medical and has a UCI. But no passport request and LOI?

If that's the case. We will apply for the study permit for my child.

Question:
1. Should I go with student direct stream or Regular?
-it seams that applying through SDS is not applicable to my son? They are requesting GIC, acceptance letter (which are not required to a primary schooler)

Sophia16

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
The thing is that. When they requested the biometrics and medical. Ircc requested other documents (Schedule A declaration background, updated police clearance) from me and my employer (statement). But IRCC did not request anything from my son.

Its just weird because my son undergo a medical and has a UCI. But no passport request and LOI?

If that's the case. We will apply for the study permit for my child.

Question:
1. Should I go with student direct stream or Regular?
-it seams that applying through SDS is not applicable to my son? They are requesting GIC, acceptance letter (which are not required to a primary schooler)
I don't know about SDS, so its better to stick to the regular

warayako

Jun 3, 2015
Hello there, we are on the same situation and we have not received any update yet on the open work permit submitted last Feb 7th, 2024. You guys has any updates to share please?

dh101

Feb 2, 2018
I'm wondering if anyone has any info on if my caregiver applied for her son the correct way. We forgot to apply during her caregiver pilot application for her son's visitor visa and did so after. We used the IRCC visitor visa portal. Submitted the application Feb 1st and still haven't received any info or update to date. Currently just shows "submitted"
Did we use the right portal? is it normal to take this long with no update?

Country is Philippines

warayako

Jun 3, 2015
Hello there, same situation with us here for my sister in law's son. We applied for open study permit last Feb 7th and until now no update yet.

dh101

Feb 2, 2018
We just got approval for the visitor visa today. Submitted Feb 1st and approved April 17th. So about 77 days