+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Last Night in Limbo Land!

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
Finally, after what has seemed like forever, I am delighted to say I have my landing interview scheduled for tomorrow morning at 9.30am. I initially started my inland spousal application (I am British my husband is Canadian) in September 2007, although for one reason and another the application ended up not being filed until February 2008.

I do consider myself very lucky as I know people go through far worse and longer waits than I have. I am very nervous about tomorrow, I am hoping it is just a formality!!

Thanks to everyone who has given me some great advice and helped me keep my sanity throughout this process on many forums!

To all of you still waiting - don't give it hope ... sometimes dreams do become reality :)

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Congratulations ! :)

Hope I'm not far behind you :D

R

robrod

Congratulations and you will be landed tomorrow!. The "examination interview" is just a formality. From all the landing appointments I've read and known about, no one has been refused!.
Best of luck tomorrow and in your new life as a PR!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
Hopefully I will receive my landing appointment soon, been waiting for it almost for 2 months now...

R

robrod

I have the champagne ready.... can I pop the cork now????....

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
Robrod - please drink the champagne :) I wish I could join you - I'd love some champagne - but I am high on life anways just now ;) .... I sincerely hope for all of you lovely people that the wait isn't much longer ... today was simply wonderful

There were 30 of us landing today, from a total of 19 different countries!! I thought mine was protracted but one lady there had been waiting 5 years! Mine has taken a little over 2 years and 8 months - only one person had managed to get through the process in a year (which my lawyer originally informed me was the average processing time)..

Thank you all, everything all went well today - and finally I am a very, very happy Permanent Resident of Canada!!!!!

R

robrod

Congratulations, K1!!!!!!!!...
Will have to pop the cork with my wife tonite as today I just received in the mail my very own COPR appointment letter!!..
I will be landed in a month's time here in Ontario!...
All the best and good luck everyone else!...
The end of my process is near, who's next???.

K1203

Dec 10, 2009
robrod said:
Congratulations, K1!!!!!!!!...
Will have to pop the cork with my wife tonite as today I just received in today's mail my own COPR appointment letter!!..
I will be landed in a month's time here in Ontario!...
All the best and good luck everyone else!...
The end of my process is near.
Wow! fantastic news Robrod - congratulations to you too - enjoy :eek:)
and thank you!