Aug 18, 2015
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2016
Tmys said:
After collecting luggage from an international flight, you always have to go through one last customs check where they take your declaration from you. They will tell you to go through customs screening if necessary. You can't just walk out after collecting your luggage.
No my question is where along the process you actually do your landing. According to the OP, it's AFTER collecting baggage. I understand they can call for baggae screening at exit point but surely, you've already landed before collecting baggage?

amit.r

Feb 23, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
20-07-2016
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
Med's Request
11-12-2016
Med's Done....
05-01-2017
Passport Req..
14-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
06-07-2017
LANDED..........
08-26-2017..
One of documents requirement for landing is vaccination records for all. I have vaccination records for my child but for myself and wife, there are no such records. Has anyone been asked for this before and if yes, can you share your experience

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
One of documents requirement for landing is vaccination records for all. I have vaccination records for my child but for myself and wife, there are no such records. Has anyone been asked for this before and if yes, can you share your experience
Are you sure about the vaccination records requirement?

rxyz

Star Member
Feb 24, 2017
What about a flagpole at USA where they refuse you entry... Got one of those...
what is flagpole? few years ago I get to Canada border from Niagara falls by GPS mistake (apparently it was the shortest path to Chicago) I did not want to go to Canada and told to the officer at border that it was a GPS error and I wish to go to US (I was actually at border crossing) and I even did not have my passport with me :) so they guide me through some road and asked me to go to an office and sign a paper that I dont want to enter Canada and then let me go back to US. Is it also denied entry given the fact I clearly told them I don't want to Enter?

kaimainz

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Congratulations! Are you from Australia or New Zealand? How do you feel your life in Canada comparing to down under?

kaddu747

Star Member
Jul 5, 2010
Bangalore, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-07-2016
Doc's Request.
02-11-2016
Nomination.....
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
27-03-2017
Med's Done....
29-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-29-2017
Unfortunately I don't know the correct answer to this question, as I wasn't in this situation myself. I believe they do require a residential address for the PR cards to be sent out. If you don't have that then I'm unsure what the best option would be.
Did you have to provide any more pics for the PR card?

mdk2017

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
Sudbury, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
AOR Received.
July 11th 2017
guys is proof of funds doc necessary for landing procedure? does Canada immigration officials actually ask to see it?

Sapsan

Star Member
Nov 16, 2015
guys is proof of funds doc necessary for landing procedure? does Canada immigration officials actually ask to see it?
as I red through the forum, that's random, they ask for sure how much money you bring to canada (also access to funds), and suspicious about third countries banks statements.
When comes to me, I would bring cash in us dollars enough to secure settlement funds, end of story :)

Reactions: mdk2017

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
as I red through the forum, that's random, they ask for sure how much money you bring to canada (also access to funds), and suspicious about third countries banks statements.
When comes to me, I would bring cash in us dollars enough to secure settlement funds, end of story :)
Not needed,bank statements are also accepted

Reactions: mdk2017

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Hey everyone..... I keep reading so many different views..can anyone just list the exact documents we should carry to secure an easy landing process ?

Also concerning the customs-related papers, the goods you are carrying and goods to follow... this may sound like a dumb question but do I have to list everything I own even clothes :/ ? ... I am not really going to bring anything nor do I own anything "valuable" ... no car nor jewelry or such ... I am going to pretty much just bring clothes and my mobile phone/electronics ....

mandeep_29

Star Member
Jan 23, 2016
Hi all,

Can anyone help me with the Timing, I want to do landing at Rainbow bridge Niagara Falls I called them they say they do it Tuesday Wednesday Thursday 8am to midnight. Some of my friends say they only do till 4pm I want to go around 7pm can anyone help me with the timings I am in Canada just want to flagpole.
Thanks

shahid_razzak

Apr 20, 2017
Dear Members,

I am going to do landing soon. My province of destination is Ontario. I plan to visit USA and then drive in to Canada from Buffalo New York USA to Toronto Ontario Canada.

Would it be any challenge to do my landing through a road border instead of an airport? Although I assume it won't be any different than flying in to an airport in Ontario but still any insights or feedback would be welcome.

Best Regards,
Shahid

cowbeepbeep

Aug 23, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-09-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-11-2017
Dear Members,

I am going to do landing soon. My province of destination is Ontario. I plan to visit USA and then drive in to Canada from Buffalo New York USA to Toronto Ontario Canada.

Would it be any challenge to do my landing through a road border instead of an airport? Although I assume it won't be any different than flying in to an airport in Ontario but still any insights or feedback would be welcome.

Best Regards,
Shahid
There are lots of people in the forums that have landed via land border. When you get to the border crossing, you'd need to inform the officer that you are landing and show them your COPR. From what I've seen, there can be a long wait at land crossings depending on the time of day, but they can process it.

moose17

Jun 30, 2017
We used a land border and it was no big deal. You drive through booths like toll booths and we told them there that we were landing and were directed to part at a building with a customs office and dealt with the paperwork there. So it was probably about the same as an airport landing with a slightly different layout :)

shahid_razzak

Apr 20, 2017
There are lots of people in the forums that have landed via land border. When you get to the border crossing, you'd need to inform the officer that you are landing and show them your COPR. From what I've seen, there can be a long wait at land crossings depending on the time of day, but they can process it.
Hi cowbeepbeep,

Thanks for the feedback. It is heartening to know that you got through using land border. I am not sure where I have read it that often the land border has timings where they process immigration landing. From your experience I gather there might not be such issue.

Thanks again.

Best Regards,
Shahid