+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Landing Experience: Sarnia - Ontario

estillo

Mar 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello friends,

I completed landing formalities at Sarnia port of entry.

I drove from US using a rental car. only 5 minutes wait at the border entry booth. We were asked to go to the immigration building.

Immigration offices stamped our passports, canceled the VISA, returned the COPR copy and congratulated for becoming Canada permanent residents.

He asked how much money I am carrying.I have only 6.5k.He did not bother to ask further questions. He just entered the same amount on the COPR
We were asked to see another officer who stamped the goods to follow list.

No one asked us to fill any form for PR card. officer just took my Canada address and entered in the system.He said card will arrive in 4~6 weeks.

I read from this forum that we need to fill a form for PR card. I am going to call the office tomorrow and confirm this.

Good luck to everyone.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HI,

Congratssss, and you dont need to fill the form for PR cards now as they have already done it for you. You only need to fill the forms when you dont know you permanent address in Canada so immigration officers then ask to fill it by yourself when you know your permanent address. You will now get your PR cards in 4-6 weeks time.

Cheers
saki

R

Rami Farah

Congratulations estillo,

where do you stay now? and which address you give them in the port???

all the best

estillo said:
Hello friends,

I completed landing formalities at Sarnia port of entry.

I drove from US using a rental car. only 5 minutes wait at the border entry booth. We were asked to go to the immigration building.

Immigration offices stamped our passports, canceled the VISA, returned the COPR copy and congratulated for becoming Canada permanent residents.

He asked how much money I am carrying.I have only 6.5k.He did not bother to ask further questions. He just entered the same amount on the COPR
We were asked to see another officer who stamped the goods to follow list.

No one asked us to fill any form for PR card. officer just took my Canada address and entered in the system.He said card will arrive in 4~6 weeks.

I read from this forum that we need to fill a form for PR card. I am going to call the office tomorrow and confirm this.

Good luck to everyone.

ruka

Apr 7, 2008
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10/02/2010 (old)
Doc's Request.
16/04/2010 (old)
AOR Received.
11/08/2010 (old)
File Transfer...
20/04/2010 (old)

estillo

Mar 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rami Farah said:
Congratulations estillo,

where do you stay now? and which address you give them in the port???

all the best
I am staying in a hotel.I gave my friend's address. I am going back to US and will move to Canada probably next year.

Good Luck

R

Rami Farah

Thanks estillo All the bestttt and good luck

estillo said:
I am staying in a hotel.I gave my friend's address. I am going back to US and will move to Canada probably next year.

Good Luck