22 Feb 2010
Med's Request
08-11-2012
Med's Done....
22-11-2012
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
08-11-2013(Requested FBI clearance on 31st Jan'13, submitted on 15th Mar'13) and New Zealand PCC submitted on 4th May'13.
VISA ISSUED...
09-03-2014
LANDED..........
In July 14
Dear Friends,
I got my PR 3 months back and I landed 2 weeks ago. Trust me I have made the right decision of choosing Edmonton over other cities in Canada. There is no jobs in Ontario, B.C, etc. Edmonton, AB is the place to be.

I got in touch with a gentleman name Kumar who assisted my settling down. I spent 2 weeks in his residence, he guided my with getting he sin and health card. He also assisted my in getting a temporary accomodation and showed me a new direction in the Financial industry.

I have settled down now and am working at a store in Millwoods area. I make $13 an hour. Life is good here compare to rest of Canada and I am sure I will do well here. Let me know if you need any advice. Contact me at hotelierforever@gmail.com

New immigrant

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How good would Edmonton compare to the rest of Canada?

It would be brutal (weather-wise) in the coming up winter!

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
Hi and nice to hear you have settled over there. But what are your further career plans? What steps are you going to undertake in order to become economically established in Canada? I mean $13/h is less than I do in my home country, I'd never end up like that so I think this is just your first entry level job to obtain local experience, right? Generally it is okay, a lot of friends of mine started like that. Thus, again, what are your plans for the future?

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Yes now jobs are more in Alberta. Only winter will be very severe. Less traffic on the roads and less crowds on the bus and train etc. comparing with big cities. Now house rent is costly in Edmonton and calgary due to low vacancy rate and more people are moving to Alberta.

nvln

Mar 14, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Hopefully will be waived....!!
migrator said:
Dear Friends,
I got my PR 3 months back and I landed 2 weeks ago. Trust me I have made the right decision of choosing Edmonton over other cities in Canada. There is no jobs in Ontario, B.C, etc. Edmonton, AB is the place to be.

I got in touch with a gentleman name Kumar who assisted my settling down. I spent 2 weeks in his residence, he guided my with getting he sin and health card. He also assisted my in getting a temporary accomodation and showed me a new direction in the Financial industry.

I have settled down now and am working at a store in Millwoods area. I make $13 an hour. Life is good here compare to rest of Canada and I am sure I will do well here. Let me know if you need any advice. Contact me at hotelierforever @ gmail.com

New immigrant
Hi,

Great to hear that you are in Edmonton. Indeed a very good place to live. If you are in the manufacturing and allied industries, this is a good location. I find this more economical as well.

Good luck.

Regards.
NVLN.