Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
Hi Friends,

This forum was very helpful for me and thanks a zillion for every member who has contributed to this forum. I landed on Oct 12th, 2015. The info regarding landing formalities is all over the forum and I dont want to repeat it again. I had already asked one of my family friend to book a rental apartment near his apartment so I just dropped in there. After this I got a phone connection and an internet connection; finished health card, sin card work etc. All this took almost 10 days and I started with my job search by end of October. I attended couple of telephone interviews, met with few recruiters. By the end of November I got a idea about the interview process and how you apply to jobs.

Applying for jobs:
Once you apply for jobs a tool picks up the most relevant matching resume and then that goes to further process. Hence you will have to customize your resume for every job description. Please use www.jobscan.co here you can paste your resume and the Job description. It will return the matching percentage, missing key words in your resume. Include those key words and try to bring in a matching percentage of over 85%-95%. Dont make it 100% match, that will give a doubt to the screening party. Now post/send that matching resume to the company so that when a similar tool will surely pick up your resume since it matches with their Job Description!!

Attending the interview:
Please save what resume you had sent for every company. When they call you for interview please make sure that whatever is mentioned in your resume you are thorough and well versed. Keep the job description in mind and answer the questions. For eg if the role is about implementing a process please talk more about when, where and how you implemented that process; what success/challenges you faced while you implemented it etc. People here are not interested in hearing stories so don't go out of topic.

My Experiences:
I prepared myself in the above mentioned ways and attended interviews. I have got offer from a company and will be joining soon. Though prior Canadian experience plays a big role here its your part to make the interviewer feel that you can definitely do the job well even without a prior canadian experience (I dont have prior Canadian experience and worked only in India).

Definitely a bright future is waiting for everyone over here. Over all this is an awesome place with more awesome people to help you out. If you have any doubts please post over here and I will be glad to help you out :)

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
+1 for you

khurrambhatti

Star Member
May 31, 2014
Toronto - Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-11-2014
File Transfer...
10-02-2015
Med's Request
18-08-2015
Med's Done....
01-09-2015
Passport Req..
10-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2015
LANDED..........
01-05-2016
It must be jobscan.co , rather than .com

niranjana said:
Hi Friends,

This forum was very helpful for me and thanks a zillion for every member who has contributed to this forum. I landed on Oct 12th, 2015. The info regarding landing formalities is all over the forum and I dont want to repeat it again. I had already asked one of my family friend to book a rental apartment near his apartment so I just dropped in there. After this I got a phone connection and an internet connection; finished health card, sin card work etc. All this took almost 10 days and I started with my job search by end of October. I attended couple of telephone interviews, met with few recruiters. By the end of November I got a idea about the interview process and how you apply to jobs.

Applying for jobs:
Once you apply for jobs a tool picks up the most relevant matching resume and then that goes to further process. Hence you will have to customize your resume for every job description. Please use www.jobscan.com here you can paste your resume and the Job description. It will return the matching percentage, missing key words in your resume. Include those key words and try to bring in a matching percentage of over 85%-95%. Dont make it 100% match, that will give a doubt to the screening party. Now post/send that matching resume to the company so that when a similar tool will surely pick up your resume since it matches with their Job Description!!

Attending the interview:
Please save what resume you had sent for every company. When they call you for interview please make sure that whatever is mentioned in your resume you are thorough and well versed. Keep the job description in mind and answer the questions. For eg if the role is about implementing a process please talk more about when, where and how you implemented that process; what success/challenges you faced while you implemented it etc. People here are not interested in hearing stories so don't go out of topic.

My Experiences:
I prepared myself in the above mentioned ways and attended interviews. I have got offer from a company and will be joining soon. Though prior Canadian experience plays a big role here its your part to make the interviewer feel that you can definitely do the job well even without a prior canadian experience (I dont have prior Canadian experience and worked only in India).

Definitely a bright future is waiting for everyone over here. Over all this is an awesome place with more awesome people to help you out. If you have any doubts please post over here and I will be glad to help you out :)

KoRnnn

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
thanks for sharing..which city are u in now? and which NOC are you? I can see that u can get a job within a month or so..it's very fast!

PAPITHA

Dec 7, 2015
I m glad for u. Which place u r right now?.....We plan to move to canada. I m a teacher. Is there any demand for teachers?

niranjana

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
24-02-2015
Med's Request
18-03-2015
Med's Done....
19-03-2015
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
khurrambhatti said:
It must be jobscan.co , rather than .com
Thanks, I have corrected it.

niranjana

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
24-02-2015
Med's Request
18-03-2015
Med's Done....
19-03-2015
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
KoRnnn said:
thanks for sharing..which city are u in now? and which NOC are you? I can see that u can get a job within a month or so..it's very fast!
I am in Toronto and I am Software Engineer (QA Analyst)

niranjana

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
24-02-2015
Med's Request
18-03-2015
Med's Done....
19-03-2015
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
PAPITHA said:
I m glad for u. Which place u r right now?.....We plan to move to canada. I m a teacher. Is there any demand for teachers?
I am in Toronto. Sorry, no idea about teaching field.

atzquebec

Aug 6, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
01-08-2015
Passport Req..
01-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
01-10-2015
LANDED..........
April 21 2016
niranjana said:
Hi Friends,

Applying for jobs:
Once you apply for jobs a tool picks up the most relevant matching resume and then that goes to further process. Hence you will have to customize your resume for every job description. Please use www.jobscan.co here you can paste your resume and the Job description. It will return the matching percentage, missing key words in your resume. Include those key words and try to bring in a matching percentage of over 85%-95%. Dont make it 100% match, that will give a doubt to the screening party. Now post/send that matching resume to the company so that when a similar tool will surely pick up your resume since it matches with their Job Description!!

Attending the interview:

My Experiences:

Well done. Thats a great piece of information. Thank you.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Best of Luck for your First Job in Canada :)

Can you please tell what is the rent for apartments in Toronto ? Which area is better for South Asians ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Qureishi

niranjana

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
24-02-2015
Med's Request
18-03-2015
Med's Done....
19-03-2015
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
Hi Qureishi,

The rent is around 1000$ here. If you choose to settle in Downtown Toronto its 1500$. If you want to settle in Scarborough its from 900-1200$. Scarborough is where you will find more South Asians. Mostly this city is multi cultural so it all doesnt matter much.

ksq

Star Member
May 5, 2014
How did u found out about the vacancies. .... jobbank.com ? Or informal referals works in toronto. I m in marketing brand management with career divergence to teaching. Any advice.

June 03

Star Member
Nov 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO to CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-10-2014
AOR Received.
10-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
Waived Off
Passport Req..
15-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-07-2015
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
I am into marketing and brand management.....looking for a job for a month in missisuaga area......can someone help

Thank You

niranjana

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Nomination.....
02-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
24-02-2015
Med's Request
18-03-2015
Med's Done....
19-03-2015
Interview........
Hopefully Waived
Passport Req..
07-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-06-2015
LANDED..........
12-10-2015
ksq said:
How did u found out about the vacancies. .... jobbank.com ? Or informal referals works in toronto. I m in marketing brand management with career divergence to teaching. Any advice.
Try to make good connections in LinkedIn, few people are really good and will refer you if there are any vacancies in their company. Meet consultants and sometimes there are gathering of people of certain community. Attach your self to those communities and get as many contacts as possible. For eg: I attended Diwali celebrations by Indians here and got many contacts.

I found www.indeed.ca very useful and thats how I got my job. You can even pull out resumes from indeed.ca, see if the resume you have is same as the Canadian resumes available there. Customize your resume for every job posting and keep applying for jobs. Surely you will land in the right job very soon. All the best :)