+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Journey (US B1/B2 Visa on my RTD without PR)

Refht

Jun 13, 2021
Hello every one.

I'm a protected person since May 2021 or so. I Applied for my RTD on July 2021 an finally receive it on September 2022.
-I had multiple US visa in the past.
-In 2020 I enter Canada through the US at St bernard Lacole (regular point of entry.
-in September I apply to get a new US visa since my national passport is with the Canadian Immigration.
-After a week the consulate sent the document back to me and inviting to an interview (Ottawa)
-The earlier i found was 1 month later.
-It went smooth... they only ask me what im doing in Canada as a job. If I have the PR (not yet but processing) . and few jokes. ... thats it.
-4 days later I receive my RTD with my B1/B2 visa stamped.

Tourist visa / US visa / Refugee Travel Document / Asylum

Reactions: Tmon

itzdrmac

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
Thats a very positive news. So they didnt ask you about breaching the US visa condition as you used US visa to claim refugee in Canada? My condition is similar to you...i had multiple US visa and visited US multiple times but on the last time i had to enter Canada and claim refuge as i am persecuted by my home country and during pandemic i had no other options....i hope in future they grant me US visa so that i can visit my family and friends

Reactions: Refht

Refht

Jun 13, 2021
Well in fact I did not no anything illegal. I came here on regard to the Exceptions to the Agreement (Canada-U.S. Safe Third Country Agreement) I have family here so I was eligible to come to a regular border. I wish you luck!

itzdrmac

Star Member
Feb 15, 2021
Well in fact I did not no anything illegal. I came here on regard to the Exceptions to the Agreement (Canada-U.S. Safe Third Country Agreement) I have family here so I was eligible to come to a regular border. I wish you luck!
same i had my full family here so i also used regular border and safe third country exception

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
same i had my full family here so i also used regular border and safe third country exception
You will be fine. I also came into Canada after having multiple US visas. But I came in through the irregular border. After I got my PR I applied for a US visa with my countries passport and got 10 years multiple visa. I’ve gone to US for 4days and came back with no problems.

Captain911

Jan 31, 2023
You will be fine. I also came into Canada after having multiple US visas. But I came in through the irregular border. After I got my PR I applied for a US visa with my countries passport and got 10 years multiple visa. I’ve gone to US for 4days and came back with no problems.
Hello

did you apply us visa with your countries passport or RTD? I think we cant use our own countries passport any more. If you answer I appreciate

Tmon

Star Member
Mar 9, 2021
Hello

did you apply us visa with your countries passport or RTD? I think we cant use our own countries passport any more. If you answer I appreciate
I did apply with my countries passport. But I got my PR through the healthcare pathway. So I’m not sure if it applies to everyone.

Reactions: Captain911