+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My HR quits his job...

colrainwx1985

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
I already got my AOR, but my HR quits his job ??? It's him who writes me the employment letter. Now I am writing cpc-ctd-ottawa@cic.gc.ca an email to update my new HR's information.

Not sure what I am going to write. Just tell them what happened and Name, title, contact information of my new HR? Anything else?

One more thing, my wife(dependent) finds another job. Do I need to update her employment information as well?

Thank you very much.

canadacec123

Feb 10, 2014
Toronto - Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 20, 2013
AOR Received.
February 11, 2014
IELTS Request
Submitted with application.
Med's Request
August 28, 2014
Med's Done....
September 05, 2014
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
November 04, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
November 19, 2014
LANDED..........
November 25, 2014
I don't think you need to update CIC about this.

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
colrainwx1985 said:
I already got my AOR, but my HR quits his job ??? It's him who writes me the employment letter. Now I am writing cpc-ctd-ottawa @ cic.gc.ca an email to update my new HR's information.

Not sure what I am going to write. Just tell them what happened and Name, title, contact information of my new HR? Anything else?

One more thing, my wife(dependent) finds another job. Do I need to update her employment information as well?

Thank you very much.
You don't have to update them unless they ask for it. In case of address change, change in your legal name and stuff like that, then by all means go ahead and update them.

colrainwx1985

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
rezafc said:
You don't have to update them unless they ask for it. In case of address change, change in your legal name and stuff like that, then by all means go ahead and update them.
Thanks for your comments.

My concern is if CIC calls my HR the number is not in use since he has left the company. Hope in that case they can find my company's number by google, and then be directed to HR department.

Kochumol

Jul 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2014
AOR Received.
09-04-2014
Med's Request
30-04-2015
Med's Done....
06-05-2015
Passport Req..
15-05-2015 ( Visa office change email received on 30-05-2015 )
LANDED..........
28-11-2015
2 things you could do

1) Sent the company's new hr contact number ( best thing to do )
2) inform cic of the old hr leaving the company, and give their cell number if you have ( optional)

You could mentions about ur wife in the same mail, but not neccessary

Please take others opinion as well

gauty9

Sep 25, 2014
Thank you .....guys ..for this info it was my mistake that i did not look at the updated requirements this is very helpful of you... ;)

rezafc

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-08-2014
colrainwx1985 said:
Thanks for your comments.

My concern is if CIC calls my HR the number is not in use since he has left the company. Hope in that case they can find my company's number by google, and then be directed to HR department.
I still think it's not necessary to update them. If they call and only IF THEY CALL and the number is out of use, they can follow up with you or the company and see what's going on! Yourself / the new HR / your manager can then explain that the HR is not working there anymore. Trust me they won't reject an application just because the HR is not working there anymore.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot!

Best of luck,

colrainwx1985

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
rezafc said:
I still think it's not necessary to update them. If they call and only IF THEY CALL and the number is out of use, they can follow up with you or the company and see what's going on! Yourself / the new HR / your manager can then explain that the HR is not working there anymore. Trust me they won't reject an application just because the HR is not working there anymore.

Don't shoot yourself in the foot!

Best of luck,
It seems some comments going on here but I don't see many. People might delete their post....

Thank you. I think your comments make sense.