+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Friend Forgot to take study permit from immigration on arrival.

Vishnuchintu

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi my friend just arrived yesterday from India to canada. He forgot to visit immigration inside airport to take study permit. How can he get the study permit now?

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks in advance.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Vishnuchintu said:
Hi my friend just arrived yesterday from India to canada. He forgot to visit immigration inside airport to take study permit. How can he get the study permit now?

Thanks in advance.
I really dont understand how people do this kind of thing......ur friend needs to go ASAP to the airport and tell them the problem or alternatively go to the border crossing at the canada US border and tell the immigration officer of the mistake he made.

Vishnuchintu

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the help.

Will they allow my friend to go inside immigration if he go to airport.

I dont think They will allow him to go inside immigration near us/canada broder.

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
Vishnuchintu said:
Thanks for the help.

Will they allow my friend to go inside immigration if he go to airport.

I dont think They will allow him to go inside immigration near us/canada broder.
i dont know if they will allow him to go in but he has to try ......explain them about his mistake and see if they let him in ..what other option does he have.....

Vishnuchintu

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mead said:
i dont know if they will allow him to go in but he has to try ......explain them about his mistake and see if they let him in ..what other option does he have.....
So you are unclear about your suggestions. Thanks by the way.

I just need somebody who can answer this based on a real situation. Any help would be really appriciated.

Thanks.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Vishnuchintu said:

Thanks in advance.

By flag-poling at the nearest US-Canada border. You do not need US visa to do that. As of now, you have a valid visitor status in Canada.

Vishnuchintu

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
J5M said:
Hi,

By flag-poling at the nearest US-Canada border. You do not need US visa to do that. As of now, you have a valid visitor status in Canada.
Thank you

alijumani

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2011
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
09-08-2015
Vishnuchintu said:
Greatest answer, Very helpful. lol
Go to any nearest land border and explain the situation to CBSA officer that your friend was traveling first time and did not know the rules etc.

The sooner the better, delay only gonna make your friend's case worst and could lead to deportation for misrepresentation. Best of luck

arunrajk

Dec 24, 2018

Thanks in advance.
Bro im also facing the same issue now. PLEASE hepl!