+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My friend a business immigrant is upset and looking for advice

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,
My friend wants to immigrate to Canada. He is a successful businessman with networth $2mln+.
I decided to visit Canada first but he is from Ukraine. He applied for student visa to study English for 8 weeks in Canadian
college. He paid for the course and prepared all nesecary docs but Canadian Embassy in Kiev refused to give him a student
visa. It was one year ago.

The last month he applied for visitor visa and prepared all nesecary docs again including the invitation from Canada.
He did not get visa permit. He told that all 20 people who was waiting for visa to Canada were not permited.

He is asking is there any way to visit Canada first ?
Is there any way to complain about unfair practice in Kiev Embassy ?
Thank you.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some embassies seem to be worse than others and will deny almost everybody. To try to get a temporary visa, he will need to show stronger ties, more reasons why he will not overstay in Canada, family, assets etc.

You can probably complain about the embassy to immigration but since this is very common, I doubt it will matter much. The embassy will only say that they looked at his profile and found him likely to overstay and hence he can't get a visa.

If he wants to immigrate, he can look into federal investor class immigration or he can look into provincial business class which is probably faster.

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
He can't make an immigration decision without visiting the country. The Embassy in Kiev represents Canada for him.
They abused him two times. He feels like the second category person.

He says that he creates jobs and pay taxes and people who work for Canadian Embassy in Kiev waste
taxpayer's money without any value for Canadian economy.

He is not sure that Canada is so friendly and wants him to immigrate because of wrong people representing the country.

S.K

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
05-08-2011
Leon said:
Some embassies seem to be worse than others and will deny almost everybody. To try to get a temporary visa, he will need to show stronger ties, more reasons why he will not overstay in Canada, family, assets etc.

You can probably complain about the embassy to immigration but since this is very common, I doubt it will matter much. The embassy will only say that they looked at his profile and found him likely to overstay and hence he can't get a visa.

If he wants to immigrate, he can look into federal investor class immigration or he can look into provincial business class which is probably faster.
About all PNP Business Classes also require a visit before issuing nomination so problem still exists that how OP shall get a visitor visa even if he/she apply through provincial business class

haver

May 30, 2009
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The same time my another friend from Ukraine has arrived with visitor visa to Canada.
He is not so successful businessment but he was lucky to get a visitor visa.
He showed a lot of docs in the Embassy including visitors to Canada travel insurance. He bought it online from the website. The first person does not have credit card to buy an insurance.
The next time he will apply for visitors visa to Canada he will send me money and I will buy it with my credit
card. Here are 4 different insurance companies we can choose.

eggroup

May 7, 2010
Look my friend, I am from Egypt, and I got my immigration Visa already as businessman, when I started my procedures back in 2007, I didn't care about visiting Canada first, simply because the immigration process is REVERSIBLE, it will cost you a fraction of your wealth and will not oblige you to travel to Canada when you have it!! if you used your wasted time for a year or so and started your immigration process then you would be better off today with a soon-to-be-granted Visa.

So my advice to you "start your immigration procedures immidiately without hesitation" and if you find later that Canada is not the place you want to live in, simply don't go.