+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

My Father principal applicant passed away.

Tino09

May 3, 2016
Hi Experts, I have submitted the application for my parents under parent and Grandparent sponsorship and i have the file no. and the application status is application received. My Father was a principal applicant. Unfortunately, my father passed away, what will happen to my application and what is the next step for me to do.

My mother is alone back home and now is there any way I can request to to get the process faster so my mom who is living by herself can join me here on PR.

Please advise.

Thank you for your time and advise...Thanks.

CaroM8

Feb 26, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico City
App. Filed.......
26/09/2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016 - SA:25/10/2016 - AOR2: 22/12/16
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
11-10-2017
LANDED..........
14-11-2017
Re: My Father princiapl applicant passed away.

I don't have any advice really... But I am sorry for your loss! :(

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Tino09 said:
Hi Experts, I have submitted the application for my parents under parent and Grandparent sponsorship and i have the file no. and the application status is application received. My Father was a principal applicant. Unfortunately, my father passed away, what will happen to my application and what is the next step for me to do.

My mother is alone back home and now is there any way I can request to to get the process faster so my mom who is living by herself can join me here on PR.

Please advise.

You should let IRCC know that your father has passed away and that you want your mother to be Principal Applicant now. I don't think that they will expedite the process but you can always ask. Use Case Specific Enquiry.

drunkhead

Star Member
Jul 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Ottawa Pilot Processing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-sep-2011
AOR Received.
24-oct-2011
Med's Request
24-oct-2011
Passport Req..
4-jan-2012
LANDED..........
28-jan-2012
Tino09 said:

Please advise.

This is really sad situation, sorry to hear that.

I don't think they will expedite the process, as lot of our parents are alone back home, but my worst fear is, they will cancel your application and your mom has to re apply. I hope they consider it on humanitarian ground and transfer the file to your mom being the primary applicant. I have never seen such thing happened before, but please write them an email and instead of asking for expediting the file, ask simply if on humanitarian grounds they can make your mom primary applicant and process the case, otherwise you have to reapply again. Don't waste your time calling them, mail them, email them, make case specify equity, and if possible fax as well.

Sorry Again!

chhapa

Oct 4, 2015
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
27-08-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
File Transfer...
06-11-2015
Interview........
November
LANDED..........
02-05-2017
Tino09 said:

Please advise.

Hire a immigration lawyer and deal as per lawyer advice
(H & C)

jhutti

Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tino09 said:

Please advise.

CIC will allow you to make your mother as principle applicant in the same application. I have seen such case earlier. YOu just need to be in touch with them(cic)
make sure to update all forms & get your father death certificate .

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
drunkhead said:
I don't think they will expedite the process, as lot of our parents are alone back home, but my worst fear is, they will cancel your application and your mom has to re apply. I hope they consider it on humanitarian ground and transfer the file to your mom being the primary applicant. I have never seen such thing happened before, but please write them an email and instead of asking for expediting the file, ask simply if on humanitarian grounds they can make your mom primary applicant and process the case, otherwise you have to reapply again.
chhapa said:
Hire a immigration lawyer and deal as per lawyer advice
(H & C)
There is no need to worry the OP by saying the app may be cancelled or to hire a lawyer for an H&C case.

IRCC has a policy in place for this situation allowing the PA to be replaced by the accompanying spouse.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob369.asp

Reactions: rinkupatel.dmj

Hasan9999

Champion Member
Sep 28, 2013
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
SVO
App. Filed.......
August 2013
LANDED..........
December, 2016
canuck_in_uk said:
There is no need to worry the OP by saying the app may be cancelled or to hire a lawyer for an H&C case.

IRCC has a policy in place for this situation allowing the PA to be replaced by the accompanying spouse.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2012/ob369.asp
+1 for you.

Hasan